Chapter thirty nine(unedited)🎓

I had just finished like my millionth dance. I had danced with practically everybody, i meant my squad. Jeremy had my first dance of course. It was finally taking a toll on me.

I went to sit down while Jeremy went to refill our drinks. I observed my friends. Izzy was dancing with Dave and her eyes were bright in admiration for him, he was looking at her like a lovestruck teenager, which he actually was. Who knew Izzy could fall in love?

My eyes continued roaming and I saw Angie looking bored as usual chatting with Mike in a corner. She was dressed in tight leather jumpsuit, only her could wear that to prom. She looked like a mord-sith and I could picture her with an Agiel. I bet she would look more badass than Cara(my favourite character from legend of the seeker by the way) I chuckled at my thought.

I looked away and I saw Sophie and Brent dancing. Never in a million years would I have imagined them together. She had flat ironed her air and she put it up in a ballerina bun, leaving some curled strands out. She looked totally hot with her curvy figure on display, she must have dressed to seduce Brent.

I remembered with a laugh when I opened Brent's door. They were heavily making out and I was thoroughly shocked. My mouth just hung open.

Flashback
"Close your mouth Britt, before a fly enters" Sophie said still gasping for breathe and her lips seriously swollen, you would think she was injured. Her hair was all over the place and her clothes were rumpled.

I caught myself and closed my mouth.

"You should learn how to knock" Brent who didn't look better said.

"I did knock" I furrowed my eyebrows, "what? You guys are now putting me on the spot!" I glared at them and folded my hands.

I sat on the bed"spill!"

Brent sighed and ran his hands through his face. He sat down on the bed too, Sophie chuckled and sat beside him.

They both said nothing and my patience ran out,"well?"

Sophie rolled her eyes,"well, this big baby" she bumped her shoulders with his and he pouted, "has had a thing for me for so long" My eyes widened.

"You have also loved me forever!" He retorted practically whining.

She scoffed,"loved?! Don't get ahead of yourself big guy"

He chuckled, "am I a baby or guy to you?"

She looked at him through her eyelashes "both" she whispered

My eyes were still widened, "whoa whoa whoa! How come I'm just hearing of this?" They looked at me as if surprised I was in the room.

"You don't notice anyone except yourself, Britt" Sophie said rolling her eyes. Not true! Well...kinda true

"But you still love me!"

She scoffed again, "as if" Brent was just looking at her like a lovesick puppy.
I shook my head,"you're whipped, Brent " he stock his tongue out at me and Sophie said,"I know, right"

"So? I understand that you've both had a thing for each other. What delayed you all this time"

"Sophie was playing hard to get"

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

"Guys!" They both turned to look at me as if annoyed by my interruption. I raised my eyebrows and Sophie sighed.

"Well, you know my parents didn't want me having a boyfriend and then they had so much expectation for me and Brent would have just been a distraction so I rejected his advances even though I really liked him" her voice softened at the end.