chapter eighteen😱(unedited)

Blood pounded in my ears.

"You are just joking right? Daddy! Tell me you are!"

"I'm getting married, baby and it's not a joke" trust my dad to be blunt at stupid times.

"I don't care that you are getting married, dad. But your secretary? Seriously?" I already stood up at this point. "You are getting married to May's mom?!" I turned to face mom.

"You are really gonna let this happen? Let your husband be carted off by his secretary especially someone who doesn't have an iota of fashion sense?" I gave her a look of disbelieve because she was just looking at me like she really doesn't care and I was just overreacting for nothing.

"You don't care, do you?" I said shaking my head. "This is unbelievable!" OK, I know I was already being overly dramatic but I couldn't help it. "You are all unbelievable!" I turned back to my dad.

"I hate you! I hate you so much!" Then I turned and went to my room and slammed the door. I heard my dad call me back and then I heard Brent say something along the lines that he should give me time to digest the news. As if I would ever accept that husband stealing bitch as my step mom.

My day just got worse. Ugh!

I heard my phone zing.

Sup Bri, wanna break out of there?

Just who I needed.

Lol, break out. You?

Yup

How do you know I need to break out.

Let's just say someone called the rescue heroes.

I chuckled, rescue heroes.

Where r u now?

Look out the window.

I did and I saw him grinning at me. My phone zinged.

Now, jump!

I looked back at him wide eyed and mouthed "what?". He said something I couldn't understand. I opened the window.

" just tell me you are joking now, Jer ".

"Nope" he said popping the p. "Jump, I'll catch you"

I sat on the window pane still looking at him uncertainly.

"Tell me why we are doing this again? There's a front door y'know".

He gave me a breathtaking smile, " don't you trust me?"

"Just so you know Jer, if I die my da- no, I will personally come back to kill you"

He nodded "jump already"

I jumped and he caught me by the waist.

"Wow, bri! I didn't expect you would weigh this much. What do you eat?" He said placing me down but one of his arm was still around my waist. I pushed his hand away and gave him a mock glare.

"I do not even weigh anything. You should work out more"

"Yeah, yeah". He opened the car door for me. I slid in and he came in through the other side.