Chapter twenty😔(unedited)

Jer, I need you now - B

He was the only one I knew right now that could cheer me up but I still think Sophie and Izzy are crazy thinking we have feelings for each other.

Your Prince charming is on the way!

I laughed in spite of myself.

Where are you?

Nvm that, the damsel in distress would find you.

I drove over to his house, it was around 9pm. I rang the door bell and a brunette middle aged woman opened the door. Her brown eyes were wide. She was petite and I stood taller than her especially in my heels. I bet I look super scary with all my make up ruined, mascara running down my face and all. I gave her the brightest smile I could muster now, it was so wide my cheeks hurt. I'm sure it looks fake.

Shit! Jeremy didn't tell me her name or maiden name.

"Hello Mam, I'm Brittany, a friend of Jeremy". I extended my arm for an hand shake which she took.

" Ah, yes, Brittany. He has told me a lot about you and I'm sure he mentioned you coming over. Please, call me Diana " she said everything in a rush. I was still standing at the door, awkwardly this time, I shifted my legs.

"Oh my! Where are my manners? I'm so sorry. Come on in" she said with a wave of her right hand.

"Thank you, Diana". She gave me a bright smile which I returned, it was very contagious. She went out of the sitting room.

Jimmy was on the dinning, with a plate in front of him when I got in.

I guess I'm not getting any hug today.

He turned to look at me and I gave him a smile and waved at him. He didn't as much as blink back and he turned back to his food.

Jeremy had entered during our exchange and I raised an eye brow at him. He just shrugged, " he's in one of his moods. He'll come out soon enough" I nodded my head and sat on one of the couches. He sat down beside me.

"Your mom seems nice"

"Well, she's a nurse" he said in a duh tone. "She has to be. She's just really forgetful"

I laughed and nodded "I noticed"

"So what did you need your night in shining armour for?"

"I thought you were Prince charming" I raised one of my eyebrows.

"Well, I can be both" he puffed his chest out nd flexed his rather impressive biceps that I couldn't tear my eyes away from.

Brittany! What are you doing!

I stopped myself as soon as I could. I can't be checking Jeremy out! He must have noticed though, because he had a smug look.

"Is there anything you would like to eat or drink, Brittany?"

I turned to smile at Diana, "No, thank you Diana. I just had dinner" I gave myself an imaginary pat on the back, I could be polite if I tried hard enough. Jeremy looked amused though.