Chapter twenty seven🎁(unedited)

I was in Jeremy's truck on the way to daddy's house. I don't know why I loved the feeling of being in his truck, probably because I lov- uhm, too strong, not correct. I guess because we are usually so high on the road and I liked feeling on top of everybody, correct!

I scrolled through the pictures we took again, Jeremy looked really cute in the pictures especially the first one he looked like a deer stuck in headlight. I set it as his contact's photo. I laughed at the silly faces we made in the pictures.

"Awww, look how cute Jimmy is in this picture"

"Cuter than me?"

"Duh"

"Your mom is a very bad photo bomber!"

"I know right, look at how messy her face is there"

I threw my head back and laughed, it felt really good to laugh again, considering how sad I've been.

"We're here"

"Oh, alright, are you ready to meet my dad?"

He looked at his phone,"uhm, Bri, something came up and I have to go and help my mom with Jimmy "

"Oh, it's not fair!"

"I'm really sorry, babe" he gave me a peck. Babe?

I think I prefer that to Bri.

"It's okay, I understand your mom needs you. You won't escape this next time though"

"Yeah" he gave me a little wave which I returned. I got down from the truck and made sure to add an extra swing to my hip. I turned to look at him when I reached the front door and I blew him a kiss.

I rang the bell as Jeremy drove away. Gerald, our butler opened the door.

"Hello Ms McArthur. Happy birthday" he gave me a polite nod and I rolled my eyes.

"First, my birthday was yesterday. I told you, you don't have to be so formal with me. I'm Brittany if Britt is too much for you"

"I didn't see you yesterday, my bad. Happy belated birthday" he had been our Butler since forever, still so formal. I saw dad on the phone in the sitting room.

"Daddy!" I jumped on him without a second thought.

He dropped his phone and carried me up, turning me around a little. "How has my little pumpkin been?" He said chuckling as he put me down. I remembered our status and turned away from him, crossing my arms.

"Awww, still mad at daddy?"

"Harrumph! You didn't even wish me happy birthday!"

"I'm sorry sweetie, I thought you would come here with your brother yesterday, we had quite the celebration!"

"Exactly, wait till you see your gift! You won't be mad at him again"

"Really?" I jumped up turning to look at Brent who just walked in. He gave me a peck and plopped on a couch.

"Really. And the cake Bridget made yesterday! My mouth still waters at the thought of it. We saved yours though"

"Sly! I don't want the cake"

"Brittany, happy birthday in arrears" Bridget said as she joined us in the living room and sat beside dad on his favourite couch.

"Uhm, thanks?"

I sat on a sofa as May entered too,"hi Brittany "

"Hey" I muttered as we all fell into an awkward silence. Dad cleared his throat.