“I-it was good,” I responded hesitantly.

“And?” she prodded, expecting more details.

“We just hung out,” I said, shrugging.

“What time did you come back?” she asked, taking me surprise.

She didn’t know? I was expecting to get the answer from her! If she doesn’t know what time I came home. Then, she won’t know who dropped me either.

“Don’t-don’t you know?” I stuttered.

Her eyebrows pulled in together. “How am I supposed to know?”

“Weren’t you home?” I questioned.

“No,” she said, frowning.

“Oh right! Sorry, I thought you were home,” I lied.

“So, what time did you come back?” she repeated.

“Around 10,” I lied, cringing inwardly.

She nodded, humming.

I removed my phone from my front pocket and quickly sent Erica a text, blocking my phone from mom’s view.

My mom doesn’t know anything about last night. She wasn’t at home when I came back.

My phone buzzed almost instantly. I unlocked it quickly to read Erica’s text.

Sucks but we’ll figure something out. Talk to Jared, Michael and Abby on Monday in school. They’ll definitely have some solution to this.

That seemed like a good idea. Jared and Michael will surely have some other way of looking at this than we do. Hopefully.

The thought of school, though, made me nervous. What would happen when Ethan and I came across each other? Would he apologize? Hear me out? Or flat-out ignore me?

Would he sit with us for break? Will he even attend Chemistry or English? Or just skip it because I sit with him during those subjects.

Questions bounced in my head like a game of tennis as I tried hard to keep my face straight instead of worried. I tried to ignore the way my mom was looking at me from the corners of her eyes and typed out a response for Erica.

Abby already knows about this but yes, I’ll make sure that I talk to Jared and Michael.

“Listen, Ashley,” mom said, removing her glasses and setting them on the center table and turning the T.V off. “I need to talk to you about something.”

I set my phone aside and turned to face her. “Go ahead.”

“My trip to Australia was amazing. It was a great exposure and business wise, it was very successful as well,” she started. “I had to work with numerous Heads and CEO’s because my boss was unavailable. That’s partially the reason why he sent me instead of going himself.”

“That’s great but where are you taking this to?” I asked slowly, nervous.

“My boss went through the reports and feedbacks. He is thoroughly impressed with me. He wants to promote me,” she said with a grin.

For the first time in the day, a genuine grin broke out on my face.

“That’s amazing, mom!” I exclaimed.

“It is, isn’t it?” she

I nodded happily and hugged her with excitement.

“This calls for celebration,” I said in her shoulder. “I’ll cook today.”

“Please don’t,” mom joked.

I pulled away and shot her a flat look. “I cook better than you, mom.”

“That’s why I expect you to do it often,” she responded.

I shook my head. “No, thank you.”

“I can’t believe you’re taking this positively.” She beamed at me.

“Why wouldn’t I? You’re getting a promotion!” I exclaimed. “Hopefully, this promotion also means that we won’t have to move that often anymore.”

Her smile faded. “Ashley, I meant he wants us to move to Australia.”

A/N- Literally heard Porcelain Fists 15 times on repeat while writing this chapter. 

Well, hello! I'm sorry for taking so long to put this chapter up. It was pretty evil of me. And it's even more evil of me to end this chapter with a cliffhanger sort of thing. :/ 

You guys probably hate me for this D: First, Ethley's fight and now, she's going to move, most probably. ._. 

Never mind, I'm just going to talk about something else. So, my birthday was recently and I got so many books! I have about 20 books! Few of my friends gave me book vouchers so I bought 4 Sarah Dessen books today! Can't wait to start reading them. Have you guys read any Sarah Dessen books? I love them! If you haven't read any, you should! My favourite is This Lullaby :D

PS-  Please, please suggest me any good series to start watching! I was thinking about Sherlock but I'm not sure yet. 

Love you guys <3