Chapter 10

“Great. Now I have to drive two girls to school which means I have to wait longer!” I heard Ethan yell.

I opened my bedroom door and glared at him, “We like to look decent.”

“Look at me! I’m looking decent and I took barely 15 minutes to put clothes on and make myself look like this,” he countered back, quoting the word decent with his fingers. He was right though, he did look good.

“Chill! We don’t leave the house looking like…whatever you look like,” Erica said, popping her head out of her bedroom door and pointing at Ethan.

“I’m giving you guys ten minutes. Ten.” he said with a stern look, turned on his heel and walked down the stairs.

Erica rolled her eyes while I giggled. I went in and realised I had nothing to do except put on my converse. Picking up my dark purple converse off the floor, I skipped down the stairs. Ethan genuinely looked happy.

“Finally! We can leave now!” Ethan said cheerfully.

“No, we can’t. We need to wait for Erica,” I replied.

He groaned loudly. Smirking, I sat opposite to him and tied my shoelaces. Looking up, my eyes locked with Ethan’s and he raised his eyebrows, smirking. I furrowed my brows and looked away; why do I always end up having these weird eye contacts with Ethan? It’s so frustrating. Resting my head on a pillow, I started read A Walk To Remember.

“Why do you always read Nicholas Sparks books?” Ethan asked, interrupting my very first line.

“How long have you known me?” I asked him calmly.

“I don’t know? A few weeks? And if you count the years we knew each other when we were young then 5 years?” he said, completely unsure with his reply.

“I’m going to accept a few weeks. And how many books can I finish in a few weeks? It isn’t my fault I read two books of Nicholas Sparks in a row,” I stated, even though he was right, I do read a lot Nicholas Sparks.

“Okay, okay, relax,” he asked. “Urgh where is Erica?!”

“ERICA!” I yelled.

“COMING!” She yelled back.

“I would say she is in her room.” I told him with a satisfied smile which clearly annoyed him more.

“You don’t say,” Ethan deadpanned.

“I’m ready! Let’s go!” Erica said, running down the stairs.

“Erica, for the billionth time, why can’t you just hurry up?” Ethan asked, getting off the couch and grabbing the handle of the door.

“What’s your problem? We always reach school on time,” Erica responded.

“I don’t like waiting for you every single morning,” Ethan said.

“Then wake up late or keep yourself occupied, do something other than always telling me to hurry up!” Erica suggested, or rather- ordered.

“Can’t you-”

“Stop!” I interrupted. “You guys fight like cats and dogs. Just calm down, will you?”

“Ask him to do so,” Erica said while getting into the car.

Ethan was about to say something but I gave him a stern look signalling him to keep quiet. He sighed and got in the car.

 These are going to be three long weeks. 

*

“Hello!” Abby said cheerfully while approaching us.

I smiled, “Hey”