21- High Life

"Ooh this water is so sparkly," Fleur marvels as she dips her toes in the water.

"The beaches keep getting better and better," Naya comments as she stares out into the distance.

We all walk to the water to test the temperature but its too cold to actually swim. We left early this morning to start a beach hop. The sun has only just risen so the water is extremely calm. There's a lone paddle boarder coming in. That would be such a great thing to do when you have a lot on your mind. We're all still in our hoodies and track pants as the chilly air is yet to be warmed by the sun. We all walk along the water's edge. I had such a good sleep last night, the bath calmed all my muscles. Sleepy Adley climbs onto Zaidan's back, giving him the job of transporting her around. I link my fingers with Darius' and let the water lap at my feet.

"We should get breakfast at the bagel bar down the street," Naya's attitude is so much better today. I guess she didn't exile herself to the bath last night. If you know what I mean.

"Sounds like a good plan to me," Carlo agrees.

"I just need coffee," Adley grumbles.

"Stop being so moody. I might just let go of you, then you'll fall in the water," Zaidan threatens.

"You wouldn't dare."

"How about we go eat before anyone gets wet," Trystan shakes his head, but smirks when realises the innuendo he just made.

"Mm I love a good salmon bagel," Darius says.

"Oh my goodness Darius. Chicken rolls, churros and now salmon bagels," Adley elbows him as she chuckles.

"I just appreciate good food," he pouts.

"This avocado spread is delicious," the vegetarian Naya comments.

"What did you get Fleur?" Zaidan frowns as he realises her bagel looks completely different to any of ours.

"It's just blueberry jam and cream cheese. I felt like something sweet,"she holds up her bagel for everyone to see. 

"Cause she's a sweetie," Carlo beams.

"Aw guys you're so cute," Trystan squishes both their cheeks in his hands.

"And you are so strange," I give a him weird look.

Subconsciously as I ate, I buried my feet in my sand and I've only just realised. It's just a natural thing to do. I waggle my toes in the sand as I stare out at the water with my hot chocolate in my hand. Everyone has gone quiet as they drink their hot drinks. I love watching the water lap at the shore's edge. Silently we all rise and walk back to our designated cars. The next beach is only ten minutes away. 

We drive the swirling, hilly roads until we reach our destination. This beach has a few more people out. A few kids are busy building a sandcastle. Families are setting up their shelters, preparing to spend the whole day here. By now the sun is beginning to really heat the air and we strip down to our togs. The water is the perfect. I thought the coffee had woken me up enough. But when I dive under I feel super refreshed. I swim out further, I like diving to the bottom and not knowing when I'll reach the top again. My fingers brush over a starfish and I get a small fright. I reemerge to see my friends doing the Macarena. They have quite an audience, little kids have stopped their splashing and are watching my crazy friends come off as though they are drunk. Fleur starts doing random star jumps and I need to get back to where I can stand so I can laugh properly. Why are my friends so weird? I finally reach where I can stand and I register that they are not only dancing but my boyfriend is singing.