6- Uncle Darius

As soon as we pull onto Ava's street I start squealing inside. I do a happy dance in my seat encouraging my boyfriend to laugh at me. I unbuckle my seat belt a hundred metres away from the driveway and Darius raises his eyebrows at me. 

"It means I can jump out as soon as the car stops," I justify my actions as we pull into the driveway. I prove my point when I leap out of the car and run to the front door. Ava opens the door when I raise my finger to the door bell.

"Emmeeeeee!" She picks me up and twirls me around. The boys exchange their own hugs whilst us girls jump up and down. I love seeing my sister, she's hands down my bestest friend. 

"Where's Alexander?" I ask and as soon as his name is mentioned the little dude runs out from the lounge in just his diaper. 

"Meee!" Alexander squeals waving his hands about as he runs into my arms. Me is his name for me and I think it is rather cute. He gives me a sloppy kiss on my cheek and hooks his arms around my neck. 

"Hey little dude," I grin lifting him off of the ground.

"I swear he has grown just in this past week. It is insane," Darius comments ruffling Alexander's hair. 

"He is getting a little mischievous though," Ryder says hugging me, "yesterday he hid my car keys in his cot and when I found them he was in a fit of giggles. I guess it's great he has a sense of humour but  he's only just turned two. Like imagine when he's five. He'll be cheeky McCheeky pants."

"He gets it from his Daddy," Ava teases bumping her shoulder against Ryder's. We all crack up laughing and Alexander joins in. After a few seconds Alexander reaches his arms out for Darius.

"Ncle Ariss," He says as clearly he can.

"Yes it is Uncle Darius," Ryder grins.  I don't miss the wink Ryder sends my way. That guy is always stirring. 

"Come to Uncle Darius," my boyfriend says smugly. I roll my eyes but deep down I think it is the cutest thing ever. I know we will get married. But no one really teases us, I guess this is just the beginning.

"Anyway let's get away from the door. Would you like a hot drink?" Ava tugs my hand and leads us into the kitchen.

"Wow you sound like a school mum," I tease with a chuckle. 

"Shuddup I was just being polite, what would you like to drink?" she aims her question at Darius this time. 

"Ah could I please have one of your lemonades?" Darius beams with puppy dog eyes, taking a seat at the breakfast bar. 

Jasper must've been very fast asleep because he jolts awake when Alexander bops him on the head with his soft toy elephant. The little pup barks excitedly when he realises he has guests.

"Hey Jasper," I smile picking him up and putting him on my lap for cuddles, my sister is looking at me expectantly and I feel like I missed something.

"What would you like to drink?" She smirks.

"Whatever you're having," I shrug snuggling Jasper's head into my chest.

"Well I am having a coffee and I bought some cute little apricot danishes to have with our drinks," Ava smiles holding up a paper bag triumphantly. 

"Oh Aves I am so looking forward to when our kids have play dates every Saturday morning. You've got the whole hostess thing down. You're so cool," I grin letting Darius cuddle Jasper while I help Alexander climb onto my lap, "I'm not being sarcastic," I say when I see her face- she can't tell whether I'm being serious.

"Well that sounds like a fantastic idea. But hold out on having a baby for a while, yeah? Darius you better wrap up," Ava giggles as she stirs Darius' drink. Next to him Ryder is clutching his stomach as he laughs.