18- First day

"Waaake up!" Adley jumps super high on the trampoline in attempt to pull Fleur out from her slumber. Naya groans and covers her ears with her pillow, "we have to leave in half an hour Fleur," this time Adley squishes Fleur's cheeks between her hands.

"But it takes me ages," Fleur's sleepy voice can barely be heard.

"Well you better get up then," Naya huffs. She's not a morning person.

I look at my friends moving at snail pace and jump to the ground. The quicker we leave, the quicker we are at the beach. I have a speedy shower and change into the clothes I laid out yesterday. By the time I've put on a little makeup, all of my friends are in the shower. I take it upon myself to make smoothies for us all. I know that the boys have made time for us to get coffee on the way, but a little smoothie will be nice. Once everything is in the blender I flick the switch and it roars to life. The boys walk in all together and their chatter is louder than the machine. Darius wriggles his eyebrows when he sees what I am doing.

"I don't know, it saves time having to decide what we want to eat. We can just get coffees," I tell him as he comes up behind me and rests his hands on my hips.

"It's a good idea," he kisses my cheek and reaches above us to get eight small glasses.

"Aw Emerson you're a champ," Zaidan gives me the thumbs up and sculls his berry smoothie down.

"What's with everyone calling me Emerson? Stop," I pull the middle finger at him as I pour Trystan's glass.

"It is your name," Trystan says plainly.

"It's a cool name, don't be ashamed of it," Carlo contributes.

"I'm not. I just feel like I'm in trouble when people call me Emerson."

"What did I miss?" Adley bursts into the room and swoops past the kitchen bench to grab her glass.

"Nothing really. Now it's Adley, Zaidan, Darius and Emme in one car and Naya, Fleur, Carlo and I in the other right?" Trystan changes the subject moving away from Zaidan and Adley's reunion smooch.

"It is indeed," Darius nods pulling my back into his chest once again.

"Obviously we'll change it up everyday," Trystan says this mostly to me. Because I love road trips with him.

"Cool beans," I grin. Naya skips into the room happily, "Nay there's a smoothie on the bench for you," I tell her and she blows me a kiss.

"Well, we might as well make ourselves comfortable while we wait for Fleur," Zaidan laughs, knowing that we are all thinking the same thing.

"No you don't have to by some miracle she is all dressed," Trystan points towards the door at Fleur who is wearing a sheepish smile.

"Woah how the heck?" Adley widens her eyes.

"I didn't want to make you all wait, I can do my makeup in the car," Fleur accepts the glass that Naya is holding out to her. Zaidan claps slowly but no one joins in. He's the only one that can be mean to Fleur. 

"Let's go," Carlo declares after stacking all the glasses into the dishwasher and leads us all towards the door.

We pile into our designated cars and head onto the highway. There's a small cafe just at the edge of town that we stop at for coffee before we get back onto the road. Adley has claimed the role as DJ, the music is pretty punk but I'm starting to really like it. Zaidan's band is better than some of the ones Adley has on her playlist though.

Two hours later we arrive at the beach we are staying at tonight. The time flew by while we were enjoying the car ride. There is a little campsite right the beach that we've cabins in. Each couple has our own cabin. The cool thing is we've managed to book four in a row. Darius and I walk to the office to check in.