Dinner is Served

I can genuinely say this was the longest it had ever taken me to get ready for something, and I wasn't even using the ways I googled on how to 'truly get ready for a party'.  When Mom got home we also went and picked up my car from the party where I left it at last night.I had a nice smoky eye shadow that took me at least 50 billion tries to get right.  I shaved my legs cleanly.  I even went out and bought a new dress from the store in the little time that I had in between when Luca left and when he was arriving at 7 pm.  The dress was really pretty.  I was obsessed with it.  Although it was a little bit pricey it was worth it.  It was white, and cut off around mid thigh.  Then there was a silky band that was just below my chest.  Luca would be impressed, and so would Mom.  The dress was sophisticated, and made me look older.  I think Luca liked that a little bit because he was 24, and then it didn't make him feel like he was 6 years older than me.  My hair fell with a little bit of a curl, just how I had wanted.  Everything was going really well so far.  

I slipped on a pair of heels that matched the bracelet I decided to wear, which I got for free when I bought the dress earlier that day.  It was a thick gold bracelet, but my shoes were strappy heels.  The good thing is they were comfy.  I actually felt confident in how I looked tonight.  It was going to be a good night.

--

The time was 6:55 and I could hear Dr. McClendon and Mom laughing away downstairs.  I couldn't tell what it was about, but she sounded so happy.  I hadn't seen Mom like this since before the incident.  I really was happy for her.  Maybe even if she was dating I would get to see her more, especially since her boyfriend was the one controlling her hours.  What is it with my family and authority figures?

I laughed at my own thoughts.

Then I heard the doorbell ring.  Oh my god, Luca was here.  I quickly put on some lightly shaded lipstick, then raced down the stairs, although not too quickly because walking in heels was not my strong suit.  

But I only reached the middle of the staircase when I saw that Mom had opened the door and greeted Luca.  'Oh Boy' I thought... Here we go.

I walked down the stairs carefully, and Luca stared at me as if I was a princess coming down the stairs in a Disney movie.   Besides Friday, Luca hadn't ever seen me dressed up before.  I mean we really had only known each other for a week.  I smiled and blushed seeing his reaction to me. It made me feel so good that I could see he loved me.  I guess you really can say that we experienced love at first sight.  It was powerful, but amazing.

Luca was standing there with a beautiful bouquet of red roses, and a glass of wine.  I was guessing that the glass of wine wasn't for me though.  "Hi Luca" I said shyly.  He looked so handsome.  He was dressed in nice khaki slacks, a light blue button down that brought out his stunning eyes, dress shoes, and a nice jacket to top it off.  His shirt fit him perfectly to where it showed off he was muscular, but not too far to seem arrogant or cocky about his strength.  His hair was gelled, and his face was shaved cleanly.  He looked absolutely amazing.  I couldn't believe this was actually happening.   

"Well speak up Nani." Mom interrupted.  "It's not like you've never seen him before."  

I smiled and laughed a little.

Luca handed me the roses, and then handed my mom the bottle of wine.  Then he shook her hand and introduced himself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Collins.  I'm Luca Knight."

"Come on in Luca, and you can call me Kai.  Ms. Collins makes me feel old" Mom welcomed him in laughed.  

He slowly walked in.  He could see how nervous I looked and took my non-casted hand softly and intertwined his fingers with mine.  I took a deep breath and felt a lot better.  Luca's simple touch could calm me down.  I looked up at him and mouthed, "Thank you".  And he smiled back down at me.  He was much taller than me even in my heels.  He was about 6'3", and without heels I was only 5'5".