"Why did you do that? "
"His mouth was on that" Dark gritted at me.
"Stop, you're making this way more difficult, it means nothing, it's my can"
"I don't care about the fucking can, you're mine not his" and with that reprimand, my arm throbbed as I held back a wince.

Mark glanced over at me.
"You ok? " he asked seeing me hang my head a bit to grit down the pain.
"Yeah, it's just... Gets me every time " I say gesturing to the screen where Groot was about to sacrifice himself to save the others.

"Oh, yeah, it is pretty heartfelt" Mark agreed. He was right, it is one of my favourite scenes, then again, it's not because my Groot is giving up himself. I know he lives but still.

"I love this movie a lot, you got great taste boo" he smiled over at me.

"See, I love the fact you reserved Baby doll for me but I don't like him calling you that" again, Dark spoils everything.

"I didn't reserve anything for you, I hate that name" I spat back at him.
"Oh, snapping at me now are we? You're misbehaving a lot today"

I breathed in deeply, catching Mark's attention.
"You ok boo? " he asked. I just decided to come out with it.
"Can you stop calling me that?" I said quickly.
"What, why, is something wrong? " he asked turning towards me.
"No, it's just...I don't like it" I said lying through my teeth.
"But you said you were fine with it"
"I know, but...were not together, that's a nickname for couples. I just don't like it" I said trying to make it convincing.

"I don't believe that. You yourself said you loved it " he complained remembering that I did actually say that.
A pain shot through my arm again, making it known that Dark was getting impatient.
"Well I don't anymore " I gritted though my teeth but didn't actually mean to.

"Are you ok, what's wrong? " he asked immediately, sensing something was up.
"I'm fine" I breathed and resisting the urge to clutch my arm.
"Don't lie to me, tell me" he persisted. The pain grew and I involuntarily winced out.
"What happened? " he said and scooted closer. I scooter back as far I could. Which wasn't much considering I was already at the edge.
"I'm sorry, but lemme see" he said and it was only them I realized I was holding my upper arm. He reached out and I did the only thing I could to stop him. I shouted.
"No! "

"Calm down, I won't hurt you. You know that, I just want to help" he insisted and went to hold my arm.

He's so FUCKING STUBBORN!!

I jerked away my hand from his grasp and yelled.
"You want to help, stop calling me that!! " I snapped at him and stood.

"Ok, I'll stop" he said quickly. The pain immediately stopped but I couldn't let him see that it miraculously stopped, so kept my hold on it.

"This is why I love you, always on your toes " Dark praised.

"I'll stop, but let me help you" Mark repeated. I grew angrier.
"Stop trying to 'help' me, I don't need it!! " I yelled. He stood up and came closer to me.

"Y/n, calm down. Let me-"
"I said no! " I shouted.

Mark's POV

"I said no! " she screamed and stepped backwards. I know why she didn't want me to see what was wrong. I would've seen her scars. But I have to know, I want to help her, make her feel safe. I hate it that she's always so careful around me. She says she knows I won't hurt her, I'd never. But I get the feeling that she doesn't believe that to herself. I want her to feel safe around me. I want her to trust me.

"Y/n, I..." I thought about telling her I saw the scar on her neck. And that I knew why she hides. But in truth, I wasn't sure of anything.
"I won't hurt you. I promise" was all I could come up with saying. I've told her that a million times and I mean it each time. It may seem redundant but I want her to believe it.