t h i r t y - f i v e | part 2

Start from the beginning

     "I see you're ready." Naomi folded her arms across her chest.

Nia sat the box down and let out sigh of relief. "Tell ZeeZee to come on."

     Naomi held her hands up. "Yes ma'am." Turning on her heels, she walked in the kitchen and bit her lip as her eyes landed on Zeke. All she had was a view of his back muscles, but even that was welcomed.

Zeke turned his head slightly, seeing Naomi leaning on the island. He smiled at her, enjoying the view. All she had on was a red sweatshirt that read Devastating Diva with a pair of red knee high socks.

      "Merry Christmas, ZeeZee." Naomi greeted with a playful smirk and walked towards him.

"That's my name, please don't wear it out." He said causing her to giggle. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him softly. "Mm, Merry Christmas to you too."

       "Nia is awaiting your arrival in the princess circle." Naomi took his hand, leading him into the living room. Not before taking a biscuit, though.

When they reappeared in the living room, Nia was sitting in the middle of the floor, waiting patiently. She perked up once couple made their entrance and took a seat on the floor with her. She pushed Cato's head out of her lap.

         "Finally!" Nia stated dramatically. "Okay, I wanna open Mommy's gifts first."

"Bigger gifts are last." Naomi said before taking a bite out of her biscuit.

     Yummy.

She didn't miss the brief glare Nia sent in her direction. Naomi lifted her eyebrow accompanied by a try me look. Nia quickly looked away, grabbing one of the smaller gifts.

     Cato walked over to where Naomi was sitting, laying beside her. Without even noticing, she began to rub the top of his head. Nia tore the wrapper off, unveiling a karaoke machine. "Oooo, I  get on your nerves all day Mommy!"

"I didn't buy that." Naomi shook her head.

     "I did." Zeke spoke up causing Naomi to glare at him. "My bad." He chuckled.

Nia went through the rest of the small gifts, rather unimpressed mostly because she was ready open the bigger ones. Everyone really sent her money and Naomi made a note to add it to her trust fund.

      Tearing the wrapper off one of her big gifts, her eyes grew wise once she looked at the box. She dramatically stood back, and looked at Naomi who was trying her best to hold in her laugh.

"What is it baby?" Naomi asked, knowing exactly what it was.

       Zeke pulled out his phone to record it. Nia finished tearing the wrapper, and it was a box full of Princess Tiana's wardrobe and crown. "Wow!" Nia gasped as her eyes remained on the box. "I get to dress up like Tiana?!" She looked up at Naomi.

"Mhmm. Now you can act out those scenes in the same clothes." Naomi looked at her. "I hope you can change fast." She laughed.

     "Yeah, gotta be fast with it Nia Bia."

"I will!" Nia exclaimed. Naomi opened the box so Nia could get a good look at the clothes. She took the crown and placed it on the top of Nia's head. "Wait, I gotta kiss a real frog?"