o n e

Wattpad Original Story

Copyright © 2017 by Kourtney Benton

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the author.

This story is considered a general fiction because the book touches base with so many issues. I'm making this book as black as possible. Black women and men of all shades and some ethnicities will be featured. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I'm going to be writing it. Character development is my forté so if you don't like it, I suggest you read another book. Again, enjoy

——

September
Seattle, Washington
Monday night

Zeke Ingram
——————

IT WAS LATE, around 11:30-ish and Zeke was in his office, finishing up some work before he headed home for the night. The building had cleared out hours ago, but the office was all Zeke knew. He had inherited the business from his father, whom built the company from the ground up.

  At just 26 years old, Zeke had become one of the richest bachelors ever. The company, InTech, specialized in technology, whether it was phones, laptops, tablets, and other electronics. It was one of the richest and most successful Fortune 500 companies in the entire world.

While rumbling through paperwork, Zeke undid his nude tie just a little before reading over a report. His gentle, brown orbs fixated on the words as he read lowly to himself.

  Zeke was not only a rich bachelor, but also a handsome one. He stood 6'2, slim figure with sort of a muscular physique. His skin was dark, and shined even in the dimmest light. He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks.

He has an African heritage that shows in his features, structured cheekbones and defined. Those near perfectly aligned, white teeth that complemented his gorgeous smile would make any girl fall to her knees.

  He always wore a low haircut and it seemed like he never missed an haircut appointment. Everyone loves him, they're drawn to him. Zeke Ingram was the man, and practically every woman wanted a taste.

However, it would be hard for any woman to get Zeke to settle down because was indeed a playboy. He felt that he was too young to settle down. He also wasn't the friendliest person in the world. Most of his employees would describe him as a pain in the ass sometimes, no different from his father.

A knock sounded at his office door making his head rise to see who it was. Jeff, his best friend and COO, stood at the door with a tired expression. Jeff stood right at six feet with tousled, thick brown hair. Although he was white, he loved black women and his wife was black. "I'm going home, buddy. My wife is going to kick my ass."

Zeke dropped his pen, and sat back in his chair to cover his mouth as he laughed. "You the one who decided to get married so young and marry a black woman." He mumbled the last part.