Wattpad Original

••• | faq and dedication

DEDICATION

To my beauties: captainthorne , Justreading1234 , and AnneeSparrow for supporting me at every step of this book and my writing.

To whom kept me motivated by their comments, votes and messages along the way. I think you know who you are — thank you, my amazing readers!

 I think you know who you are — thank you, my amazing readers!

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1) Will there be a sequel or spin-off?

There won't be a sequel because I completed the book the way I wanted. However, I'll surprise you with bonus chapters at times! The first one comes on August 19, in Wattpad Block Party. I'll provide you a link when it's posted.

2) How did you come up with the plot? Who's the inspiration for this book?

I don't quite remember how I came up with this plot but I remember wanting to write about a cliche — also fluff — and babysitter is one of my favourite cliches. So this happened.

My student's little sister is the inspiration for Carl and Love O2O is also an inspiration. It's the reason why I picked Yang Yang. I also wanted to represent a different culture and since I learn Chinese and have been familiar with the culture, I wanted to write about a Chinese male character.

Lastly, Wattpad is full of young single mothers and I wanted to turn the tables, hence Jian Li. He's turned out better than I expected and I'm really proud of this.

3) How did Baby Keeper help you grow as a writer?

I tested my patience. Jian and Kasey have a slowburn romance and each time, I had to hold my breath or bite my arm not to take it a step further, guys. (A special thanks to captainthorne for keeping me on my feet whenever I told her "MIA I WILL MAKE THEM KISS.") So yeah, I think it really helped me with keeping it slow.

Secondly, I've never written about parents or babies before so this also helped me about it. Kasey was like a mother and I had to get into her head and make sure she sounds realistic — good and kind enough to be a babysitter but selfish enough to show that she isn't a real mother. She can never make the sacrifice Cate has made for Carl.

Lastly, it helped me write better about diverse characters and different cultures! Hope I did these all justice.

4) How can you write distinctly different characters in different books?

I think it's because I put myself into their shoes while writing. I know they are different individuals and I try not to make them similar. I'm glad it's noticeable by you, too!

5) How many languages do you know?

I know Turkish, English, Mandarin Chinese and German. But to be honest, there are languages that I know at least five words of. Too many languages, too little time!

6) How do you find inspiration for writing?

I usually make playlist for each story and listen to it while writing chapters. Scrolling down on Pinterest and making character aesthetics also work! Well, as long as I keep myself motivated for the story, I find inspiration to write.

7) Do you plan your books or go with the flow?

Both in a way. I don't write down a concrete plan but I know the beginning, the twists, and the ending before I start writing. It anchors the story for me at least. Lately, I try to have at least ten chapters written before I start posting to see if I like where I'm going with the story. But to be honest, a lot can change while writing.

For example, I was going to make Kasey break up with Henry but I think this one breaks a stereotypes about exes. Also, Cate was never going to give her a letter but here we are.

8) Do you have any siblings and did they inspire you for this story?

I have a 15-year-old sister and she inspired me for Kevin because it's somewhat alike to our relationship.

9) What's the word count? Do you plan on publishing?

98K. I'll edit the book and see!