Birthday Night

Austin's P.O.V.

When Fliss showed me that magazine and tried pulling away, I thought she wasn't gonna except the promise ring. She looked so broken when she stood there, hand on her hip, I could see the tears in her eyes. The rest of the day she looked happy but she still seemed kinda hurt. 'Hey Austin?' Fliss asks. 'Yeah?' I ask. 'Do you maybe wanna come back to my place for the night?'She asks. 'I'd love too.' I say. I grab my bag from upstairs and take her hand. 'LOUIS MOVE YOUR BUTT WE'RE LEAVING!'Fliss screams. 'He left already.'I calmly say. 'Huh?'Fliss asks, with a puzzled look on her face. Aw she looks adorable when she's confused. 'Yeah, he met this girl Eleanor at the party and he left with her.'I say. 'Um okay then.'She says. Me and Fliss head back to her place. Fliss steps in the door and turns to face me. I stop. We're face to face. About 3 inches apart. I smile at her. Her face suddenly goes pale. 'Sorry I didn't realize you were that close.'She says taking off. 'Fliss?'I ask, taking my jacket off.'Yes Austin?' She asks. 'Um why'd you walk away like that?'I ask. 'I don't know.' She says. I walk up behind her and spin her around. I smile at her again. She tries to take off again but I grip her waist. 'Austin let me go.'She says. I lean in and give her a quick kiss, then pull away and run. 'Hey get back here.' She shouts. I go to the door and grab my jacket. 'Where you going?'Fliss asks. 'Somewhere, I'm sure I can get a hotel.'I say. 'But why?'She asks. 'Cos you clearly don't wanna be around me.'I say. She opens her mouth to speak then doesn't. She walks over to the couch and sits down. I go up behind her and wrap my arms around her. 'Baby, what ever's the matter, we can work through it.' I coo at her. She smiles and sighs. 'I just miss you.'She says. 'Well that's why, you're moving out to Miami with me, right?'I ask. 'Yeah.'She says. 'Wanna go up to bed and cuddle?'I ask. She nods. I lift her over the back of the couch and into my arms. I carry her upstairs. 'Louis did this yesterday. He carried me down these stairs and the ones downstairs.'Fliss says. 'Geez!'I say. She giggles. Her door's open slightly so I push it further with my foot. I lay her on the bed. 'I'll let you get changed.'I say, leaving. I go downstairs and change into my joggies. 'Austin come quick!' Fliss shouts. 'I'm coming baby!'I shout, running up the stairs. I open her door. I can't see Fliss. Suddenly I get tackled from behind and fall onto Fliss' bed. 'Woah.'I say. I hear Fliss giggle. 'Gotcha!' She says. 'FLISS!' I shout. 'Cuddles?'She asks. 'Course!' I say, pulling her close.