Chapter Thirty-Five (Part II): I Totally Jinxed Myself-Landon's POV

Начните с самого начала

Sadly, that wasn't often, but I couldn't care less. It's worse enough having him as my twin and having him have the same face as me.

"Sometimes I wonder how we're even related. "I grumble.

"Me too. I mean, I have the hotter face, body, and clearly I have the brains, unlike a love-struct goof like yourself who goes all soft whenever he gets a crush."

"We're identical twins, you idiot. Second, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm not love-struct or crushing."

"Pfft, whatever man." He scoffs. "Just because I don't like you doesn't mean I don't know you. Remember, we have that twin thing going. I can read your thoughts, and they're all about her."

"No they're not." I argue. "You're twin senses are acting up."

"You're whipped." Liam chuckles. However, before I can argue more, he continues. "Hey, you don't need to be ashamed of it. She's gorgeous and I know she has potential. Why don't you pull a move or something? Get her attention."

"I have," I say. "I flirt with her all the time. Why do you think I gave her a name of a dog?"

"It's annoying," he smirks.

"Exactly!" I exclaim. "And she looks fucking hot when she's all riled up. When the dimple in her right cheek shows when she smiles genuinely, or the storminess of her grey eyes when she's calm, or how dark blue they go when she's mad. Everything about her draws me in, Liam and–" I stop. Shit, I just caught myself. "Damn it!" I groan. "I am whipped."

"Told you, brother," my idiot twin grins victoriously. "I knew my twin-senses were completely fine."

"If I weren't worrying about this girl's life right now, I'd punch you." I threaten, and he chuckles.

"I know."

"Mr. McGibbon?"

I snap my head to the right and see a tall woman coming towards us, still in her surgical clothes. I recognize her as one of Blue's doctors.

"Yeah, that's me." I gulp, standing up. "How is she? Is she okay? Alive? Why haven't I heard anything since we arrived?" I rush and jumble my questions out like one of those auctioneers on Storage Wars.

"She's out of surgery." The woman replies, and I visibly feel my shoulders drop as I sigh heavily. "It was a tough procedure, Mr. McGibbon. It was confirmed that her appendix had ruptured and leaked into her body."

"So she's alive?" I question worriedly.

If Blue died. . .

God, I can't even bring myself to think such thoughts. She's tough; I know she is.

"She is alive, yes." The doctor says, and I feel a huge boulder lifted from my shoulders. The one thing that mattered truly, and it's confirmed.

The woman of my dreams and my crush is alive. She made it.

"Oh thank God!" I gasp in relief. "Thank you! Thank you so much."

She gives me a warm smile. "She's still under, but should wake up in the next while. I understand that she's been immigrated into the country and has no relations close, but is there someone we could call? A guardian or even her parents?"

I shrug. "Her parents are in New York, but my mom knows. She'll be arriving soon."

"Is there a possibility that you have her parents contact information? Given she's under eighteen and underwent a major surgery, her parents need to be informed."

"Our mom is her guardian now." Liam speaks up. "Why can't she sign it?"

"Does your mother have papers legally showing that she has custody?" The doctor asks.

"No, not yet, but–"

"Then I'll need their information." She says with a frown. "I'm sorry, boys. The information on file is invalid, and even a phone call is sufficient."

"I'll see what my mom can do." I grumble. "Thank you."

She walks away after directing us to Brooklyn's room in the ICU.

I stare at her unconscious figure, her eyelids closed peacefully and no sad emotions on her face. She doesn't look hurt or in pain; in fact she doesn't have any emotion on her beautiful face. Her face is still very pale, and I worry more now than when she was in surgery because I know that either the first twenty four or forty eight hours after surgery are the most critical for infection, and given that her appendix actually ruptured, makes this worse.

I just really want to kiss her better and tell her everything is going to be okay because I'm there with her to help her. Even with her issues at school.

Guilt washes over me as I think of how hell her last couple weeks have been. I can secretly hear her crying at night every night through my ceiling and I can't do anything about it, and believe it or not, I watched her confrontation with Atticus at lunch last week. I don't know what it was about, but apparently it strained her friendship with the others in that circle.

And then on top of that, she fell ill and is now in intensive care.

I wanted to punch that dick in the face for hurting her; for doing whatever he did that made her storm out and skip the rest of the school day. Not to mention that when she came home, she looked awful.

A beautiful face like hers isn't meant to be in pain. She deserves better.

Hopefully she'll allow me to help.