-ix.

I wish you'd be angry with me, because at least you'd be showing me some emotion. Any emotion.

Instead you hoard all of your feelings and hide them inside yourself where I can't see them.

But I know you're angry with me. You have to be.

🐘🐘🐘

"You're quitting?" the manager asked. "But why? When you're not sleeping in the break room, you're a good worker. Is it the pay? Is it not enough?"

Yoongi held up a hand for her to pause. "It's not that. It's just, I'm starting another job, but it's full-time, so..."

"Oh." The manager frowned. "Was working here unsatisfactory in some way?"

Yoongi shook his head. "It was fine. I mean, it was nice or good or whatever." He shoved his hair out of his eyes. He was bad at several things in life. 1, staying awake. 2, being nice. And 3, talking to people. And right now, he was sitting in the middle of the Venn diagram. "I didn't go out looking for a new job, it just sort of happened."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

There was a moment of silence before the manager got the paperwork in order and let Yoongi quit.

Then Yoongi got up and headed toward the door.

"Yoongi! Wait up!" Youngjae said, but then someone came up to his register. He smiled at them automatically. "Your usual?"

"My- how do you know what I usually get?" the girl asked.

"Easy," Youngjae replied. "A cup of chicken noodle soup with the baguette on the side and an M&M cookie to go." He handed her a cup for the water that he knew she'd order. "Your total is, as always, $9.79. That'll be all, right?"

She nodded, shocked, and held out a 10 while he handed her the pager. "Keep the change," she said, and he grinned. As soon as she left, he jogged over to Yoongi.

"Where are you going?" Youngjae asked.

"Out."

"But what about your shift?"

Yoongi shrugged. "Not my shift anymore. I just quit."

"What?!" Youngjae said before making Yoongi sit down at a table with him to explain.

"I took that job," Yoongi said.

"The caretaker one I told you about? For Tuesday Forget-Me-Not?" Youngjae asked skeptically. He always gave weird names to customers.

Yoongi nodded.

"But, Yoongi, it's a full-time job. With one person. Who you'd have to deal with all the time. Isn't that against everything you're about?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "What does it matter to you?"

"It just doesn't seem like something you'd do," Youngjae said, leaning back. "I mean, I know I told you about it, but I didn't think you'd actually take it."

"Were you going to take it?"

"No?"

"Even though you gave her a purple bracelet last week?"

"My sister won a pair of them and didn't know what to do with the extra one so she gave it to me. It wasn't a big deal," Youngjae said, shrugging.

"Then it's fine," Yoongi said, sighing.

Youngjae had been the one to tell him about the woman who came in on Tuesdays with her brother and kept forgetting her order.

Youngjae had been the one to remind her every time. Because Youngjae was so busy writing music on top of his job, he had memorized a lot of lyrics and therefore had a good memory in general for faces and people's orders.

It had been Youngjae who the brother had asked to come on as the woman's caretaker.

It had been Youngjae who had told Yoongi that even if he wanted to, which he didn't, he just didn't have the time to focus on a full-time prospect when he was busy with his music and his modeling career on the side. He just had too many things going his way to stop them all to take care of one person.

But Yoongi hadn't had anything going on in his life. He'd written music, but it had taken him to dark places. Places he didn't want to go back to. So instead, he'd gotten a job at a cafe. But that was it. He had no big career waiting for him or anything like Youngjae had.

So when Youngjae had told him about the job, Yoongi had thought about it for a day. When Tuesday Forget-Me-Not came in with her brother on a day Youngjae had taken off for their pursuits, Yoongi took her order and talked to the brother.

And now it was Yoongi who was quitting. "What's her name again?" he asked.

Youngjae looked up. "Tuesday Forget-Me-Not?"

"Her real name."

Youngjae smiled. "It's (Y/n)."

one more chapter