-vii.

Sometimes you look at me like you don't think I'll notice.

I notice. I just pretend not to because I don't want you to look away.

🐘🐘🐘

(Y/n) had always loved crafts. Yoongi knew though that her time for crafting was almost up. Her hands were just starting to become unsteady. He knew because he'd seen her writing her shopping list, the letters all coming out a little skewed, slanted, or shaky.

She hid her hands behind her back a lot, though. He knew she didn't want him to see. But he saw everything. What was there to hide?

"I have a fun project for you today," Yoongi said. He wished he had thought of it randomly, but it had only come into his mind after seeing the shopping list of shaky letters.

(Y/n) looked up from the couch eagerly, having just finished her breakfast. "Oh? What is it? Tell me Yoongi!"

He had her go outside where he'd set up a table. "Dip your hand in the paint," he said. "Like this." He demonstrated, placing his palm in the thin pan and picking it up, his palm now covered in yellow paint.

(Y/n) copied him, giggling. "Now what?"

He pointed to a plain ceramic plate. "Put your hand on the plate so your handprint shows up."

She did, pulling her hand back after a second. "Ah! It's so cool! Look Yoongi!"

Yoongi looked at smiled before gently taking her wrist and moving her arm so her paint-covered hand was pressed up against his shirt where his heart was.

"Yoongi?"

He stayed like that for a moment before letting her hand go, but her yellow handprint stayed on his shirt. A memory that would always be with him. He smiled.

(Y/n) smiled back, confused, before grabbing his hand in hers.

"Aish, now you got paint on my hand too," he said, mock-complaining, but he didn't mind at all. When (Y/n) pulled away, the paint didn't, and it felt to Yoongi like she'd always be holding his hand.

But the paint came off eventually. Maybe that was supposed to be a sign to Yoongi, that her hand would go away too.

He chose to ignore it.