14

Nate and I walked into the station.

"I'm here to bail my friend out." I say to the secretary at the desk.

"What's the name sweetheart?" He asks.

"Cassidy Dillon." I say.

He types a few things into the computer. "She's waiting to be processed."

"And how long will that take?" I ask.

"No longer than 10 minutes." He says.

"Okay. Thanks." I turn and take a seat on one of the benches. Nate sits beside me.

I lay my head on his shoulder. He wraps an arm around me.

10 minutes later, Cassie is walking out of the double doors behind the desk.

"Who's ready to play some Mario Kart?" She yells.

"Miss Dillon. I'm going to have to ask you to keep your voice down." The policeman escorting her out says.

"You know what Matt? We should go out. Maybe when you're not working." Cassie says. The officer stops short, but Cassie keeps walking.

Matt clears his throat. "Stay out of trouble, you hear?"

Cassie walks past us and out the doors.

"They let you out no bail this time?" I ask, entering the passenger seat.

"This time? What do you mean 'this time'?" Nate asks, buckling his seatbelt.

"Jesus Christ. What is it with you and all these questions?" Cassie asks, pulling out of the parking lot.

We got home in about 20 minutes, most of the time taken up by explaining Cassie's numerous encounters with the law and an account of everything she's been hauled in for.

"I had no idea I was living with such a savage." Nate says, walking through the door.

"Yeah, dat me. Anyways, I'm ordering Chinese. What y'all want?" Cassie says, picking up her phone and dialing a number.

Nate and I give our orders and we are eating soon.

"Thought of any more names?" Nate asks, slurping up some noodles.

"Yeah. Many actually. But I think I'm gonna name her after a goddess." I say, picking up a piece of broccoli with my chopsticks and placing it in my mouth.

"Dope." Nate says.

Cassie gets up and looks over the multiple shelves of movies.

"Johnny Depp tonight, babes." She says, pulling a case out of the alphabetically ordered rows that I had organized. She holds up 'Crybaby'.

I shake my head. "Absolutely not."

"Why?" Nate asks.

"I don't like it for multiple reasons. Too much dancing. That good girl or whatever has a very annoying voice. The list goes on." I say.

"Well, what do you suggest?" Cassie asks.

"Private Resort. Has Johnny and he's undeniably hot in it. 1985 was his year." I say, standing up and searching for it on the shelves.

"Fine." Cassie sighs.

I stand up and walk to the shelves. I pull 'Private Resort' from its designated place on the shelf and put it in the DVD player.

"Nate. Come with me to make some popcorn."

"Sure" he says.

Nate follows me into the kitchen. I pull a box of popcorn out of the cupboard, open it and place it in the microwave.

Nate sits on the counter. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his torso. I rest my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around me. He puts his head on mine.

I pull back to look at him. He looks at me. He takes the moment to kiss my lips delicately.

He pulls away. "It is okay that I do that now, right?" He asks.

I smile and nod. He smiles back at me. I peck his lips.

"Grab the big bowl for me, will ya?" I ask. Nate

He hops off the counter, turns around and opens the cabinet and grabs the biggest bowl.

I open the microwave and get the popcorn out. I put another bag in place of the first one.

"Salt or no?" I ask.

"Salt." He says.

"Dat's my boy." I say.

Nate hands me the bowl and I empty the popcorn bag into it.

A few seconds later, the second bag is popped. I take it out of the microwave and dump it into the bowl. Nate takes the salt shaker out of the cabinet and puts salt into the bowl.

I pick up the bowl and walk back into the living room. Cassie moves over to the left side of the couch, making room for Nate and I to sit down.

I hand the bowl to Cassie. Nate sits between us and he rests his head on my lap. I play with his soft hair.

A couple hours later, the three of us are sitting and talking.

"You have how many siblings?!" Nate asks.

"16." Cassie says. "Dad was a busy man."

"Yeah, no kidding! Are they all blood related?"

"Yep. I got one full blood and the rest are all half. Mom has two others with another guy. There are two sets of twins, both from the same woman. Two of my brothers have the same mother and the rest have different mothers." Cassie explains.

"That is crazy." Nate says, stunned.

"Yeah. And I guess I'm just like my dad if you know what I mean." Cassie says.

"You've got kids?!" Nate asks.

"No. Jesus Christ, no! I don't like little kids." Cassie says.

"I love you Cass." I say, standing up.

"Going to bed?" Cassie asks.

"Yeah. I love you."

"I love you too." Cassie says.

Nate follows me upstairs and into my room. I change into a pair of sweats and a sports bra, then crawl underneath the covers. Nate takes off his pants and finds one of my oversized t-shirts to put on. He climbs in bed after me.

"Goodnight Milly."

"Goodnight Nate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y'all. I'm sorry for being a bitch about the comments and shit. I've just been so stressed lately and the comments telling me I need to update don't help. I finally got this chapter done and I'm sorry it took so fucking long. I hope you enjoy. btw, I won't be updating a lot because I ain't got as much free time as I thought I would have.

two questions: 1) where are y'all from? and 2) favorite character in this book so far?