6

I fell asleep on Nate's lap after the third movie.

"Milly?" I hear someone say, gently shaking me awake.

My eyes flutter open and I see Nate.

"I have to go out for a few hours." He says.

"Why?" I ask slowly, my voice groggy.

"One of my friends got drunk and he can't drive home so I'm going to pick him up." Nate explains.

"Ok." I say, flipping myself onto my side and falling back asleep.

I wake up about 45 minutes after Nate left to the ringing of the doorbell. I slowly pull myself up from the couch, groaning.

I walk to the front door and open.

My eyes widen and I hold back a scream.

"W-what do y-you want?" I ask, my voice quivering.

"Baby, I just want to talk."

"Don't- don't call me baby." I growl.

"Okay. But can I please come in. I just need to talk to you. Give me ten minutes and then I'll leave you alone."

I open the door wider, very hesitantly.

"W-what do you want Derek?" I ask.

"We need to talk about us." He says.

"There is no us." I state.

"Milly, what I did was wrong-" I cut him off.

"You're damn right it was wrong! And don't even try to apologize to me because I don't wanna hear it." I say.

Derek looks down at his hands in his lap.

"Look. I don't expect you to forgive me, but I wanted to say I'm willing to do anything to have our-" I cut him off again.

"No. Not OUR. MY."

"-baby and I want to take care of it." He finishes.

"Derek? Can I ask you something?"

He looks at me.

"Why do you think you can choose what happens to you? It's not my fault that we have this child. It's OUR fault." I say, standing up. "I'm not sure how often you'll see the baby, but I can assure you that you will see it."

Derek looks at me while sitting on the couch. He looked sad.

"I-i should go." Derek says, standing up and walking towards the door.

"I still love you." He says, exiting the front door.

I look him in the eye, then close the door. I sigh, sliding down the door and resting my head in my hands.

Tears stream down my face as I lay my head back onto the door.

I sit in the floor, crying. Well, more like screaming.

Tears were just rolling down my cheeks, and I punched the door until my knuckles were red and I had small cuts. I pulled at my hair.

"GODDAMNIT!" I yell.

"W-what would Mamalei say?" I think about my mama, how she always warned me about shit like this.

I fell asleep soon after, and woke up to someone shaking me awake once again.

"Milly? You good?" Nate asks.

My eyesight was blurry.

"Nate?" I mumble.

"Mi-Mi. You were having a nightmare." Nate says.

Nate swipes a tear from my eye with the pad of his thumb.

"D-derek came over to- to talk to me." I choke out.

"What happened to your knuckles?" Nate asks, taking one of my hands into his and kissing it.

"Nothing." I say, looking away and blinking another surge of tears back.

"Did Derek do this?" He asks.

I shake my head.

He sighs and gently picks me up, lays down, and rolls me on top of him. He kisses my forehead and twirls my hair.

Tears fall silently down my face and onto Nate's chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. I'm v sorry ab not updating in about a week. A few days ago, me and my gf broke up and I've been so upset. I couldn't concentrate and I've been crying constantly. Idk when I'll update next bc I'm still vv torn up ab her. Y'all stay savage, slay bitches and stay outta love. ✌