12

A baby girl. Woah. I have so many things to do. 

I get out of bed, pull on some pants and a nice button up and grab my shoes.

I walk to Cassie's room. "Hey, Cass?" I shake her gently. "Can I borrow your car?"

"Yeah." She says sleepily.

"Thanks." I walk out of the room and grab the keys off of the counter.

*

"Hi! I'm here to apply for a job?"

*

I walk to a coffee shop next door and order a coffee and a croissant.

I look up and see Johnson. At about the same time, he sees me.

"Jack!" I get up and run to him. He engulfs me in a hug.

"Milly! How are you?" He says, following me to the small round table I was sitting at.

"I'm good. What about you? I hear you're working on some new music?"

"Yep! I am!" He says excitedly, but then, more seriously, "I heard about, um, what happened between you and Derek." The unspoken question hangs in the air.

"Yeah. Heartbroken, but I'll get over him, probably."

"Is there someone new in your life yet?" He asks, grabbing my cup and taking a sip. His face contorts as he tastes the bitter drink.

I chuckle lightly. "Yeah, there actually is."

"And he might be?" Jack inquires, adding creamer and sugar to the black coffee. 

"She." I correct.

"Huh?"

"It's a girl."

"A girl? As in, female. Um, the same gender as you?" He half chokes.

"Yep." I say.

He looks shocked. I burst into laughter.

"Why are you laughing? Are you going crazy? I mean, I'm okay if you're with a girl. I don't judge."

"Jack. I'm pregnant!" I say.

"Are you serious?!" 

I nod my head. 

"With a baby girl." I say, standing up and placing a hand on my stomach, the bump looking more noticeable.

"I did not notice that when I walked in here." He said, standing up and walking to me. He places a hand on my stomach. "Woah."

"Did you not see I'm getting fat?" I ask.

He looks at me. "You never comment on a woman's weight."

"True." I say.

"A baby, huh. So what are you doing in town?" Jack asks.

"Applying for jobs."

"You're gonna be a great mum." He says, hugging me.

I sigh. "I hope so." 

The two of us sit back down. 

"You talked to Derek lately?" I ask, picking at the bread on the napkin.

"Yeah. Met up last week. You?"

"Yesterday. He came with me to the gender appointment. How's G doing?"

"Man's torn up." He says.

"I know how that feels." I sigh.

"Can we meet up somewhere? Like, I'm dying to go to the beach or something."

"Oh my god. That's exactly what I need." A beach day sounded great.

"When are you free?" J asks.

"Um, I'm not sure but I'll text you?"

"For sure, man. I was supposed to be back at the studio, like, 45 minutes ago. I gotta hop. Catch ya later?" Jack says, letting go of me.

"Yeah. And did you just say hop?"

"I did." He kisses my cheek and we wave goodbye.

"Did you just kiss Johnson?" 

I turn around and I'm met with a face I wished to never see again.

"I didn't kiss him. He kissed me... on the cheek." I snap.

"Is he your, um, new conquest?" She asks.

I grab her by the collar of her shirt. "Don't fucking try me, Madison." I let go, shoving her back slightly while doing so. I walk back next door.

"You got the job!" Kevin, the cashier I met when I first came in, tells me.

"Manager wants to know when you can start." He says.

"Anytime he needs me." I say.

He picks up his phone and texts who I'm assuming is our manager.

"He said you can start tomorrow?"

"Yeah! That's great!" I say.

"Can you pick up your uniform in the morning?" I nod.

"Hey Kev." I hear Madison say. What the hell is she doing here?

"Hey boss." Boss?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm so stressed.<--- But that's no excuse. I'm so tired lately. My lil 13 year old body, man 😒. But on the real, thanks to everyone who suggested a baby name! I've already decided on her first name but I am still taking recommendations for a middle name! I'm not telling y'all yet, although one of you already knows, and that person knows she knows 😉😉. Love y'all, imma prolly sleep now, I'm so tired. (PS I'm a few hours away from my house, so soon I'll have an actual bed to sleep on, and I'll be more focused tomorrow maybe) ✌️