2

Nate and I ended up staying at Cassie's house. I'm so thankful for her being my friend.

"Hey. Thank you so fucking much for letting me crash here. You're the best." I say to Cassie, kissing her on the cheek.

"It was absolutely no problem!" Cassie says, enveloping me into a hug.

Tears formed in my eyes and I hugged her tighter.

"Cass. I can't thank you enough." I said through tears.

"Let's get you unpacked in the guest room and we'll go walking downtown or something. That sound good?" Cassie asks.

I nod my head and we let up our hold and walk out to Nate's car and begin to unpack.

It took us around 2 hours to get all of my stuff from Derek's house to Cassie's. Nate decided he would spend most of his time here but still keep his stuff at Derek's. Too much work to get all of it.

After we got my stuff moved in, Cassie and I drove downtown and walked in the shops.

"This is cute!" Cassie says, holding up a glitter purple crop top.

"Cass. Baby." I say.

She smiled weakly. "Sorry. It's just I'm not used to you being..." She trailed off.

"Yeah. Me neither." I sigh.

"Wanna go get some food?" Cassie suggests.

"Oh God. Yes please!" I say.

We walked down the street, full of shops and locally owned restaurants, and decided to eat at Reece's Restaurant.

"How many?" The waiter asked.

"Two." Cassie says.

"Right this way." He says, grabbing two menus and leading us to a small booth.

"Thank you." I say.

He smiles and walks away, being replaced by another waiter.

"Hi! I'm Max and I'll be your server today!" A blonde haired, green eyed boy says, smiling. "What can I get ya ladies to drink today?"

"Just water, please." I say.

"Root beer." Cassie says.

"I'll be right back with your drinks." Max says and walks away.

"Damn, he's a cutie, huh?" I ask.

"Cute? He was hot!" Cassie says.

"You should get with that." I suggest.

"I don't know." She says.

"Here are your drinks." Max says. "You ready to order?"

"Yeah. I'll have chicken n dumplings." I say.

"Umm. I don't know. What's good?" Cassie asks.

"I like the oven baked pizza or our homemade Mac n Cheese." Max suggests.

"I think I'll go with the pizza." Cassie says.

"Alright. I'll get your orders in and your meals will be out soon." Max says, grabbing the menus and walking away.

I look at Cassie and she's blushing.

"You totally like him!  I know you do!" I say excitedly.

"I haven't even had a proper conversation with the boy, Mi."

I shrug and take a drink of my water.

"So, Nate..." Cassie trails.

"Yeah, what about him?" I ask.

"I don't know, but in all honesty, I think he's way better than Derek. Derek treated you horribly! That's not okay." Cassie says.

"It wasn't all his fault. I should've been more careful with him. I mean, you already know why I moved in with him in the first place. I shouldn't have caught feelings for him. But Nate? He... Well I mean, he's something..." I talk abdsentmindedly.

"Milly." She says.

"What?" I ask.

"You're smiling! You like him!  You like him don't you? You do!" Cassie says, getting very excited.

"Cass. Stop. You're being loud." I say.

"The oven baked pizza and chicken n dumplings." Max says, sitting two plates down in front of me and Cassie. "Anything else I can get you?"

"Your number, maybe?" Cassie mumbles.

Max puts his hand up to his ear and points at it. "I'm sorry. Come again?"

"Nothing." Cassie says.

Max grins and winks at Cassie, then walks away to clean a nearby table.

"Oh my God!" Cassie squeals. "Did you see that?"

I smile at her and shovel in the delicious dumplings, take a drink of my water and eat some of the juicy chicken.

We finish eating in about 35 minutes and Max comes back with the check.

I reach for it but Cassie stops me.

"I got it."

I sigh.

She puts her credit card in the small plastic tray and hands it to Max, who returns a few minutes later with a receipt.

Max smiles at Cassie, then walks away.

"Mi Mi. Look." She says, showing me the receipt.

"He gave you his number? Oh my God!" I say, squealing.

The whole walk back to the car, Cassie was giddy. She was still smiling when we got on the road.

"Milly?" Cassie asks.

"Yeah?" I say, playing with a loose thread on my jeans.

"You never answered my question about Nate."

××××××××××××××××××××

I finally got this chapter done. I'm so sorry it took so long. I'm a very big procrastinator and I have trouble concentrating on one thing for a long period of time. I'll work on the next chapter ASAP!

A/N*** I still need some ideas for baby names and do you want a baby boy or baby girl??  Let me know!!