7

"Hey, Mi-Mi." Nate whispered, gently shaking me.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"Nate?"

"Yeah, it's me." Nate says, helping me to sit up. "Do you wanna go out? To eat,I mean."

I nod my head and Nate helps me to my feet. I walk to my room and grab my small backpack that I keep my wallet in sometimes. I pick up my phone and text Cassie.

"You ready?" Nate asks,grabbing his car keys from the counter.

"Yeah. Cass said she won't be home tonight because she's staying over with Max. But she's dropping off the groceries in about five minutes so we should probably stay here and wait to help her." I tell.

Nate nods, then grabs my hand and we walk outside to sit on the porch steps. I lean my head into his side and he wraps his arm around me.

"I love you Milly." Nate whispers,kissing the top of my head.

"I love you too,Nate." I say, shutting my eyes for a few minutes.

A car horn makes my eyes open. Nate and I stand up and begin to help Cassie unload the groceries.

It took us ten minutes to unload the groceries.

"I'll be back around noon tomorrow.' Cassie says,hugging me.

"Ok." I say.

Nate and I get into his car.

"Nate?" I ask,looking at the car in front of us.

"Yeah?" Nate replies, looking at me briefly before switching on his turn signal and turning right.

"If you see Derek,will you give him this?" I ask, pulling the ring out of my bag.

"Yeah." He says, taking the ring from me and sliding it into his pocket.

"Thanks." I sigh, leaning my head back against the headrest.

"Have you thought of any more names?" Nate asks, stopping at a red light, removing his hands from the steering wheel and looking at me.

"I have. But just so you know, I can't think of a lot of names so I've only thought of literally two." I say, watching him run his fingers through his messy hair.

"Alright, lets here them." He says, pressing the gas pedal and returning his hands to the wheel.

"Ok. I've only thought about for a girl.the names are Myra and Elisha." I say.

"I used to babysit a little girl named Myra back in high school." Nate says.

"You? Nate Maloley? You babysat kids?" I ask, playfully punching him on the arm.

"I needed money, okay?"Nate says, grinning.

"Where are we going to eat, anyway?"I ask.

"Its like, 15 minutes away." Nate says.

"Naaate" I whine.

Nate chuckles.

I turn on the radio. 

"Wait a second!" Nate yells, scaring me. I immediately turn down the radio.

"Jesus Christ! What!?" I yell.

"Can I read to you when we get home?" Nate asks, looking at me briefly.

"What the hell, Nate?" 

"Sorry. I like reading and reading out loud makes it kinda easier to obtain information, rather than reading a page and not understanding a single word, then having to read it again." Nate says.

"Did you just say that?" I ask.

"I read that online somewhere and I thought it would make me sound smarter." Nate says, grinning.

I shake my head and smile. "You're too much."

We get to the restaurant and are seated about ten minutes later.

"This is so good, Nate! Where did you find this place?" I ask, shoveling the last bite of my spaghetti into my mouth.

"My mom used to take me here all the time as a kid." He says.

"Do you want dessert?" Nate asks, looking at the dessert menu.

"Yes please!" I say, taking the menu from Nate.

"I'll have the triple chocolate crunch pie" Nate says.

"Can I have the frosted pineapple cake?" I ask.

"Of course. I'll be back." The waiter says and walks away.

"This is the best thing I've ever had!" I say, destroying my dessert. "These pineapples, Nate. Oh my god. These pineapples. Oh my god, these pineapples. Nate. Oh my god, this icing. Oh. My. God. This icing."

Nate chuckles. "American Dad."

I nod my head.

The waiter comes back with the check. We both reach for it at the same time.

 "I'm paying."

"No you're not." Nate says.

"Heads or tails?" I ask.

"What?"

"Heads or tails?"

"Tails"

I pull a quarter out of my bag and flip it. It lands on heads. I show it to him.

"I'm paying." I say, pulling the check away from him.

We get home at around 5pm.

Nate and I are on the couch. I have my head in his lap while he's reading to me.

I fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I'm omw to Ohio to end my summer vacation and see friends and family. I'm still hung up on my ex but I'm still in contact with her and I'm beyond grateful for that. I wanted to update for you all bc y'all are so freaking amazing and supportive. I've had a lot of people inbox me and tell me supportive things and I'm v thankful for you guys. I'm writing this update from a vvv big ass iPad Pro and its kinda hard. When I get my phone working or something, I'll fix all the punctuation mistakes. Stay savage. Also, don't forget, I need some more baby name ideas!