"Rosalee," my father called and I stepped away from Liam. I've kept him waiting too long.

"Marcus is here," I sighed in relief when I saw a Range Rover pull into the street with the familiar driver.

"Okay," Liam nodded before pulling me into a hug.

I didn't move. If I moved it would show that I wanted this hug, that I needed it. But if my father sees that I need this hug, things would only get worst for me.

I had to protect myself.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow," I stepped away from his embrace.

His frown didn't leave but I couldn't deal with trying to make Liam Powers smile right now. I had much bigger problems of my own.

I turned to face my father and with my arms wrapped around myself and my heart beating at an abnormal rate, I made my way towards him.

"Did you lock the car?" He asked and I pressed the lock in my car without turning around again.

The little chirp sounded and he steeped back to let me through the doorway. I stepped through and held my breath and a few seconds later, I heard the door slam behind me and the locks clicking.

"Look at me," he ordered and I turned to face him.

"Where were you?" He asked and I released the air in my lungs.

"Liam's h-house," I spoke barely above a whisper, afraid that if I spoke any louder it might snap something inside of him.

"Show me your arm," he ordered and I blinked in confusion.

"Your arm Rosalee, I will not ask again." He ordered and I held my arms out to him. He looked at me in annoyance and I took a step back from him.

He wanted to see the bruise. Liam hadn't just talk to him about something random, he had told him about my mark.

"Why?" I asked quietly and he glared at me before taking three long steps towards me and grabbing my arms.

"Which arm is it on?" He asked with a firm grip on both arms.

"Right," I replied. He was tired of beating around the bush, I shouldn't have questioned him.

He moved my sweater out of the way but when he noticed that wasn't going to show him what he wanted to see, he removed my arm from the sweater sleeve completely before he stared at my arm.

A frown was etched on his face for a good minute before dropped my arm and stepping back from me. He avoided eye contact and he started pacing the floor.

I have to fix this.

"It was an accident," I told him as I placed my arm back into my sweater and he ignored me.

"I wasn't supposed to be at Liam's hearing and that made you mad. I'm sorry that-"

"Stop talking," he practically growled and I stepped away from him.

His back remains to me and I waited for him to lash out.

"Why were you at his house yesterday?" He asked and I squeezed my eyes shut at the emotion in his voice.