PROLOGUE

"Stop! No! Please!" I manage to scream in between breaths. I was on the floor tackled by my bestfriend tickling me to death.

"No! I'm your bestfriend not Mr. Cuddles!" He laughed while tickling me harder.

"Please Calum! I don't wanna die yet we're just 5" I laughed and caught his hands. I pushed them away and ran towards my mom, hugging her legs.

"What's going on here?" Mrs. Hood laughed at us because we were both out of breath.

"Alesia said that we weren't bestfriends anymore" He pouted at his mom.

"What? Hey! I never said that calum" I defended myself. Our mother's just looked at us with smiles plastered on their faces, waiting for the next thing to happen.

"You said Mr. Cuddles was your bestfriend" He looked down at his feet and frowned with his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Yeah, but I never said you weren't my bestfriend anymore" I reassured him while letting go from my mom and walking towards him, "Cheer up cal, you will always be my bestfriend. No matter what" I smiled then hugged him tight.

"I really wish you didn't have to leave"

Me and Calum had been bestfriends since birth. We can never be separated. Our parent's met when we became neighbours, we went to the same kindergarten so we were always together. Calum was the bestfriend any kid would ask for. We did everything and anything together. Even when giving his dog a bath he would call for me. We were just inseparable.

-

"Alesia!" My mom called out for me. I was sprawled on my bed face first, I was tired, really tired.

"Alesia, we're having dinner at the Hood's sweetie" Mom peeked her head on my door. I quickly shot my head up then ran towards her. I always get excited when I hear the last name 'Hood' maybe because it was my bestfriend's last name. She scooped me up and I hugged her neck.

"Mommy, will calum be there?" I asked snuggling on her hair.

"Of course, sweetie. Now go get dressed and we'll be on our way" She smiled and put me down. She left and I quickly changed.

"Mommy! Mommy! Daddy! I'm ready!" I ran as fast as I could and reached for the knob on the front door.

"Hey, hey. Slow down there little angel." Dad chuckled and scooped me up throwing me over his shoulders. "What is my baby so excited about?"

"I'm going to see Calum!" I laughed and kicked my feet struggling to get down.

"Ok now. You wear your jacket and we're going to head to their house" He said. I walked over to mom and she helped me wore my jacket, it was cold out and dark. We only walked to their house because it was near. Mom knocked on their front door revealing Mali with a smile plastered on her face.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. McVey and hey Alesia, please come in" She opened the door wide enough for us to go in.

"Who's there Mali?" A familiar little voice asked. I looked at where it came from and saw Calum on the living room couch with a cookie in his hand. I stepped in and waved 'hello' to him.

"Alesia!" He beamed and shoved the cookie inside his mouth. He ran to me and gave me a high-five.

"Hey Calum." I greeted him, "You've got cookie crumbs all around your lips" I chuckled pointing at his lips. He wiped it with the back of his right hand carelessly and pulling out a weird face on the crumbs on his hands.

"Kids, dinner is ready!"

-

"Say goodbye to Calum now, sweetie" mom scooted down to me and looked over to Calum. We were at the airport and they've already said goodbye's but I haven't said my last goodbye to him yet. This was permanent. And forever. I was afraid he'd forget me. I looked at him and he was staring down at his feet. He looked just as sad as I was.

"Hey Cal... I'll miss you a lot" I said when I came to a stop in front of him.

"I'll miss you more, Ali" He pulled me into a very tight hug.

"Well, I'll miss you morererer" I laughed

"No, I'll miss you mostesterer" He laughed as well. We stayed in hug for a long time until my mom called out for me saying that we had to go.

"Goodbye Alesia" He said softly

"Calum, why are you so sad?"

"I'm afraid you'll forget me..." He looked down to his feet again "and have another best friend" he sighed dramatically I could see tears forming in his eyes. Losing a bestfriend wasn't that easy. Its hard, very hard.

"Calum, i told you already that you will always be my bestfriend. No matter what happens, I will never forget you" I reassuringly smiled at him.

"Promise?" He asked handing out his pinky to me

"As long as you promise me the same thing" I smiled and he nodded, "Promise" I intertwined our pinky and laughed after.

"Come on now Alesia!" Mom called out

"Bye Cal. I will never ever ever forget you, don't forget about me ok?" I hugged him one last time.

"Never ever ever" I could feel him smile.

"You will always be my bestfriend, Calum. I will always remember you. You're in my mind and my heart! Because I love you so much Cal" I said as I tightened the hug.

"Goodbye Alesia"

_______________________

Way to start a story :)

So prologue's first and I hope you liked it. Please don't hate on me. I swear to make it better if I get tons of reads, thank you so much! I also have a luke fanfic so check it out.

ilysm x angelica