Stay : Chapter 28 (Way back to Happiness)

En başından başla

I frowned and tried to cover my face again but he's still holding my hands.

"Okay, sorry sorry. I'll stop now" he said trying to stop his laughs. "Let's go inside. I'm hungry" then he let my one hand go and he just held the other one pulling me forward.

"Wait, my face" I said trying to pull him to stop.

He stopped walking and faced me. He leaned forward until I could feel his breath in my face. "It's beautiful"

My face started to get warm again.

I turned my face away "Don't do that"

He laughed a small laugh. "Sorry, let's just say you tried a bottle of beer that's why you look like a tomato".

I smiled then this time he didn't pull me and we just walked side by side, holding hands.

"Oh, Hiro! You're back! Perfect for lunch" said a woman with a sexy voice.

"Yeah, I'm really hungry. Is lunch ready?" Hiro asked.

Lunch ready? Where are we?

"Yeah, Jeff's almost done. And who's this cute girl?" the woman asked.

"Oh, sorry. Jing, this is Mikaela. Mikaela this is Jing, She's a member of the frat and kicked many guy's ass" he said amused.

I heard a light punch.

"Don't scare her" Jing said.

They both laugh.

"Come on in" she said.

We all walked inside. Her house smells like...spaghetti.

"Hon! Hiro is here" Jing shouted.

"Again?" I heard a man with a husky voice from afar.

After a few seconds that man entered the room.

"Here to eat again? I told you get a wife or something already!" he shouted.

I back up but Hiro just held my hand and not moving.

"I think she finally found one dear" Jing teased.

"I can see that. Is she a good cook?" Jeff also teased.

I lowered my head. I can cook, but I don't know if I'm a good cook.

Hiro just laughed. "Mika, this is Jeff. He's Jing's husband. He's also part of the frat"

"Wow, you must really like her to bring her and introduce us to her" Jeff teased. "Hey Mika, good luck with Hiro. He's a big pain in the ass"

"Shut up! Where's the food?" Hiro asked.

"Look at this child, no respect to his seniors. It's almost ready" Jeff said then he left the room.

"I'm going to help him, stay here" Hiro said then he left.

"You can take your sunglasses off. Come, let's chat for a while" Jing said.

"I can't" I said, embarrassed.

"Why not? Do you have a sore eyes or something?" Jing asked walking towards me.

"No, I'm....I'm blind" I said lowering my head.

"Oh...sorry about that. Here, let me help you" she said guiding me to the sofa.

"So, when did you two meet?" Jing asked and sat beside me.

"At school, he's my last period classmate" I said shyly.

"Feel comfortable with me" she said kindly.

I smiled. Her voice is how I imagined my mom would sound like if Dad didn't die because of me.

"So...you must be special" Jing said.

"Because I'm blind?" I asked shyly.

Jing laughed. "No, not that. Because you're the first girl Hiro brought here"

"I am?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes, I know he's a player, but my husband and I forbid him to bring a girl he just hooked up with somewhere, unless she's special" she said.

"Really?" I asked lowering my head, afraid that I'm turning red again.

"Yes. Can I ask you a favor?" she asked kindly.

"S-sure" I said.

"I know he have a bad reputation in girls at school or some other places but he's a really good boy. He just felt lonely that's why he's like that. He lives alone. His father and mother are dead and his older brother abandoned him and just sends him money. When we found him, he's just a gangster boy beating other people just for fun" Jing stopped. Looks like the memories are too hard for her. She must really love Hiro.

Jing sighed and continued. "We we're shocked when we found out that he's a member of our fraternity. It looks like he's from a rich and powerful family even though he looks like a poor kid from an orphanage. His face is like an Angel's but his eyes are full of hatred and pain. But when he looks at you, I can finally see the Hiro before we met him. When he smiles, his eyes also smiles. His whole face brightened up. I never saw him this happy."

"So I'm asking you..." she said and held both my hands "I know it could go more difficult, but please...I'm asking this as his family...Don't let go. You could be his way back to happiness"

She pressed her warm hands to mine. I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you" she whispered.

"Lunch is ready!" I heard Hiro shouted from the other room.

"And he never EVER helped us cook until now" Jing said standing up.

She took my hand "Let's go"

*Sorry but I'll move 'when two different worlds meet' at chapter 29. I didn't think this particular scene will be this long! But I hope you still enjoyed it. And since it looks like you didn't mind a single space, I'll continue doing it. Please tell me what you think and vote^o^*

*Please Comment, Vote, Spread the Word, Be a fan, help Stay reach a 2 digit what's hot ranking and give me lots of L-O-V-E!