Stay : Chapter 5 (The Jerk, The Friend, The Jerk, and The Fans)

Chapter 5 : The Jerk, The Friend, The Jerk and The Fans

I stretched but the bed under me is too hard.

I touched my face, trying to recall what happened. The left side of my face is swollen. I tried to get up but immediately gave up because my head just kept spinning. Since I'm not sure where I am I figured out that a whistle will be better than to shout.

I whistled to call Angel. I waited for a minute. I whistled again. Still Angel didn't come. Another whistle, thid time it's not mine. His scent wrapped the whole room, if this is a room.

"Sonza," I called him in last name since we're not close. "Where am I?"

"How did you know it was me?" he asked, obviously surprised. "And I prefer Hiro."

"I told you, you smell like a dog," which was a lie. He always smelled like rain. "And I also prefer Sonza, thank you." I'll get in more trouble if I act like I'm close to him. "Where's Angel?"

"Angel who? You're the only one at the car when I got there. Don't tell me one of the Harrison kids name is Angel?"

"No! She's a dog, my guide dog. Remember? The dog you wanted to kick out at last period?"

"You mean the golden retriever with a yellow scarf?"

"I think so, do you think I'll know what color of scarf she wear? Where is she?"

"I didn't know it was yours so I gave it to my friends, maybe they're cooking it now."

"WHAT?!?!" I stood up too quickly, so my knees buckled and I end up sitting on the floor.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!? SHE'S ALL I GOT!!!" I shouted while I'm crying.

Hiro tried to calm me down but I just shoved his hand away.

"GET AWAY YOU... YOU..." I don't know what to label him; it's got to be horrible. "CANNIBAL!" I blurted out. That's all I got.

But instead to get hurt or be pissed, like how I want him to be, he just laughed really hard, like he just heard the funniest thing ever. How could he?!?

I screamed out of anger and frustration. I bowed my head down to my knees and cry. Hiro just kept laughing.

It went on for I don't know how long. How can he laugh in front of a girl who's the owner of the dog he just killed? Jerk!

"I'm just joking ok? Calm down" he said, still laughing. "That cannibal thing was good."

Still crying I raised my head a little. "Joking in what part?"

"About the dog"

"Then where is she?"

"At my friend's house, I was planning to ditch it; it was lying beside the road. I didn't know it was yours, but good for you one of my friend's dads is a vet and that friend is an animal lover, so he took your dog. Maybe they're treating it now."

"It's SHE not IT, and where am I?" I somehow felt relieved knowing Angel was ok.

"My house obviously, here" he hand me a bottle. "Drink."

I smelled it. "What's this?"

"You can smell me from afar yet you don't know the smell of water?"

I just drink it; I just sat at the floor until I was sure my knees won't buckle the next time I stand. Hiro was doing something, somewhere at the corner of the room. I can't believe this is his house. The floor is too cold. Actually the whole room is cold. The room smells like an abandon warehouse.