Stay : Chapter 75 (Runaways)

Chapter 75 : Runaways

Mikaela’s POV

“Miss. Mr. Kira just arrived. He’s now talking to your mom” Lily, our maid said.

“Ok. Tell them I’ll be there by 5” I said, tying my hair.

Today is Kira’s aunt or what he calls her… ‘mom’s’ birthday.

It’s already been 11 days… 11 days since me and Queenie woke up from that Hotel where Kira left us.

I cried for 11 days… Hiro didn’t go to school for 11 days, he didn’t even bother to call to explain. I don’t know what happened to us. But one thing is for sure… this one is real. This time, he really did it. THEY, he and Nivea had done it. All those words, all those promises… were all just a lie. No matter how many times I tell myself that it will be ok, that I’ll soon get over it, I just can’t. The pain is still there… like it will never leave me.

A wound that will never heal.

“And you should tell your mom that-“ mom said when Kira cut her off.

“Mikaela!” Kira said when I walked in.

“Oh… Mika! You look so beautiful darling” Mom said, hugging me.

“Thanks mom” I said hugging her back. “You knew her mom?”

“You two will be late. You two should better get going. Play well Miks” Mom said after kissing me in the cheek and pushing me.

We took Kira’s car and drove away.

“You look beautiful” Kira said while driving.

“Thanks. Where’s your fiancé?” I asked.

“She’s… well… she’ll be there” Kira said.

“Won’t she get mad that you gave me a ride and you just let her come on her own?”

“She’ll understand. I invited you so… I think it’s my responsibility to give you a ride” he said, amused.

“Glad she’s not the jealous type” I said.

He laughed.

“What?” I asked.

“Actually, she is the jealous type. When we were young, he doesn’t like me talking to her female classmates or even MY classmates” he laughed.

“Then I guess I should distance myself from you” I nonchalantly said.

“You still can’t get over with Hiro?” He asked.

I didn’t answer and just bit my lip… trying really hard no to cry.

“Sorry” he said.

Kira keep pushing a conversation, which I gladly did. He knows how to talk. Talking to him is like a breeze of summer air, relaxing. Talking to him feels really light. No issues, just a conversation; Feels like we know each other for a long time.

When we arrived he held my hand, guiding me while walking the whole time.

“Girlfriend alert” I warned him but he just laughed and held my hand tighter.

We enter the hall with classic musics playing. From what I can hear, there are like hundreds of people talking. Suddenly I felt nervous of going up and play.

“Nervous?” Kira asked. “Your hand just turned cold”

I let go if his grip and tucked it inside my jacket. Kira just laugh and put a hand around my shoulder, pushing me forward.