Dinner With The Family Part One

Crap okay so I honestly just bs-ed my way through this chapter and I may not even make a part two to this, it just depends on whether or not you guys give me ideas or request a part two. Hopefully this isn't too sucky and you can enjoy it!

Rae’s P.O.V.

“Hellooo?” I say, snapping my fingers in MIchael’s face. “Huh?” He comes out of his day dream. “Show me what you plan on wearing to the dinner for my grandparents tomorrow.”

“Why?” He groans, laying down on his bed and dragging me with him. “Nuh uh, up, show me,” I say, resisting his attempt to get out of the inevitable fashion show that is about to take place.

He groans again, but gets up anyways and gets both a black shirt and pair of khaki pants out of his closet. “Good?”

I shake my head and walk into his closet, going through his shirts. After about five minutes of mixing and matching different outfits, I sigh, but then, I come up with a brilliant idea.

“Let’s go shopping,” I say, with excitement. He shakes his head vigorously. “No, no way.” I pout my bottom lip and bat my eyes at him. “Please?” When he says no, I drop the puppy dog face.

“Okay, look, first of all, shopping is fun, and second of all, you need to have a matching outfit. You know how my family is.” With that I add another ‘please?’ He sighs a deep, pain filled sigh and shakes his head again. “Fine.”

“Oh c’mon, it’ll be fun!” I say and kiss his cheek, then I grab my purse and walk out of Michael’s room with him following.

After we arrive at Target, we walk towards the guy’s section, but get side-tracked a couple of times. Our first stop was at the girl clothes, where we -okay, I- spent a while looking at/trying on clothes.

I pick up a blue shirt that says ‘Don’t Know, Don’t Care’ on the front and hold it up. “What do you think?” He shrugs. “It’s cute.”  I sigh. “You’ve said that for everything we’ve seen so far.”

“Well, you look good in everything so it doesn’t matter, it’s all cute on you.” I smile. “You’re such a kiss-up… not that I mind.” This goes on for a little while longer before I finish. “Okay, time for you!”

We walk over to the guy clothes and I start looking through shirts that would look good on him -not that that’s a very hard thing to do. After I grab about seven shirts, I walk over to him and hold them all up in front of him.

“I like this one,” I say. “It matches those jeans,” I point at the ones he’s holding. “Perfect, I’m all set, let’s go.”

We check out, and instead of going home, we decide to get food first. He drives to the nearest McDonald’s and we order our food. “Two fries, one crispy snack wrap and one big mac, and two root beers,” Michael tells the person, and we pull up, paying and getting our food.

He parks and we eat our food, listening to music and talking about nothing in particular, just hanging out.

Later That Night

After we eat, we drive home and head inside his house, bags in hand, and go to his room.

“That….was….horrible….” Michael pants, pretending that he’s out of breath. I roll my eyes and put the bags I was holding on his bed.

“Shut up, it wasn’t that bad and you know it.”

“No, it was horrible, I think I’m scarred.”

“Poor baby,” I pat his head. “But hey, at least now you have a matching outfit for dinner tomorrow.”

After that, we put his clothes away and lay on his bed, picking a movie to watch. We scroll through netflix and I gasp. “Can we watch Mean Girls?” Before he can respond, I say ‘Pleeease?’ and kiss him.

“You’re a pain, you know that?” I nod. “It’s part of my charm.” He scoffs and clicks on the movie. “You’re lucky I love you.”

This is so short and I hate myself but I figured it was time for an update, I haven’t written anything for this since last year, I had some ideas for Valentine’s Day and Easter (which is what this chapter started out as) but then I took too long and it was too late for an Easter chapter. If anyone wants me to write a particular scenario, tell me and I’ll try my hardest to do it lol. I need ideas so please, give me some. Thanks for putting up with my short chapter Ray Ily <3 I’m literally so terrible this was supposed to go up like two months ago but I totally forgot