Will You Go Out With Me?

Third point of view

Rae, a 16 year old girl in tenth grade has had a crush on Michael -a boy in her school- since the eighth grade.

She's always seen him as the perfect match for her- their sarcasm level being the same, both having the ability to be extremely rude (though Rae tries not to be), and are both furiously attractive.

One day, in eighth grade technology class, Rae's wish to be closer to Michael came true.

The teacher, Mr. Wilson, partnered them up for a project, and whether it be fate pushing them closer together or not, it worked.

After that project, they became close friends, all through the rest of eighth grade to tenth grade.

Michael, however, has finally decided he wanted to be something more than best friends -even if just slightly. He wanted Rae to be his, as she wanted him to be hers.

One day, Rae was talking to her other friends, yet again about Michael, when he slowly and shyly walked up to where they were.

"Hey, Rae, can I speak to you?" He asks, looking slightly uncomfortable near some of her other friends. Rae, not quite sure if she could have another conversation with him about how to get the girl he likes to like him, looks to her friends for help.

Go, one of them mouths, while the other stands up and exclaims, "C'mon Rose, I just remembered we have to go to the math room for that thing..."

Quickly shooting her a not-so-discrete wink, they made their way down the hall, out of sight.

"Y-yeah?" She stutters slightly. Damn it, Rae thinks.

"So, remember how you told me just to ask the girl I like out, and if she says no than she's an idiot?" Michael asks.

"Yes, why?" She asks. "Well-" He starts, then cuts himself off. He runs a hand through his thick hair, something Rae had always thought was incredibly sexy.

Oh God, please don't tell me she said yes, what if he's asking me for date ideas? I can't do this, Rae freaks out in her head, while unknowingly, Michael was freaking out in his head, too.

What if she says no? What if she hates me afterwards? I can't lose her. I can't do this.

"Okay, here goes," Michael says, looking slightly more confident this time. He had successfully convinced himself that even if she says no, they will still be friends, so he won't lose her.

"Rae, will you... Will you go out with me?" Rae, not expecting that, opens and closes her mouth like a fish out of water.

Michael looks very nervous, as if her response -or lack thereof- was her way of saying no. Rae finally comes to her senses, blurting out a quick, "Yes!" Before collecting herself, saying yes again with a slightly cooler, less embarrassing voice.

"R-really?" Michael bursts out in excitement. Rae nods her head and smiling wide, feeling happier than she has in a long time.

"Yes, Michael, why wo-" She was cut off by Michael lunging for her and swinging her around in a hug. Burying his face into Raes neck, he breathes in deeply, as if calming his nerves with her scent.

"I was positive you were going to say no," he confesses. Rae, still slightly shocked, wraps her arms around his neck and replied, "Michael, I've liked you since the eighth grade, why would I say no?"

Michael kisses her cheek, feeling happier than he had in a long time.

Maybe Rae was just the thing for him; She made him whole, like the last piece to a puzzle.

As they stand there in the hallway, Rae suddenly hears a slight squeal.

If she didn't know any better, it could pass off as a locker squeaking from a few hallways down.

However, since she does know better, she looks around -as best she can with Michael's iron-like grip, still refusing to let go- for her friends.

"Rae?" Michael asks. "Yes?" Rae replies. "Let's go out tonight, you and I. We can go see that movie you wanted to see, or a restaurant you want to go to, or both," he starts talking about date plans, finally letting go.

"Yeah, sure," She says, covering her blushing face from Michael's view. Michael frowns, grabbing and pulling Rae's hands from her face.

"Why are you covering your face?" He demands to know. "Because I'm blushing and I'm ugly an-" Before Rae could continue, Michael does something that shocks the both of them; Kissing Rae, on the lips, was the best idea Michael's had in a while.

It was short and sweet, yet seemed to show Rae exactly how much he cared for the girl. "I've always wanted to do that," Michael says, smiling like a madman, chest rising and falling heavily, as if running a race.

Rae instinctively tries to cover her face with her hands, failing when Michael grabs both of her wrists and places her hands on his chest, near his heart.

"You feel that? That's because of you. I don't care what you look like, although you always look gorgeous, so please don't ever cover your face around me. Don't ever -and I mean ever, hide from me. I want to know everything about you that I don't already, and I can't do that if you don't let me in," Michael declares.

Rae, slightly embarrassed, nods and says, "Okay. Although, I should probably warn you about what you're getting yourself into."

Michael shakes his head and grins, replying with, "At this point, I'm never leaving you. I don't care how crazy you think you are, I love you, whether it be in a best friend way or in a relationship way, I do."

Blushing even more than before, Rae hears her friends say 'Go get some Rae!' during Michael's words. "I-" This time she wasn't interrupted by Michael, but rather a teacher yelling at them for being outside in the hallways during a class period.

"Go to class, now!" He barked, giving them detention slips. Michael and Rae share a small smile, looking at each other with adoration, care, and more importantly, love.

"You two, get to class too!" Rae hears the teacher say to her friends, Mackenzie and Rose, and smirks slightly, feeling a twinge of satisfaction of them getting in trouble with the already aggravated teacher, Mr. Giovani, because of them not so secretly spying on the new couple.

"So, I'll see you later?" Rae says, wishing she could go home early, where she could freak out in peace. "Yeah," Michael replies, kissing her cheek and walking away, although not before smiling at the slight blush that appears on her already rosy cheeks.

He asked me out, Rae thought. I'm the girl he liked... She finally started walking towards her 5th period class, a loopy and idiotic smile on her face the whole way there.