Technology Partners?

Rae's POV

REAL STORY, ACTUALLY HAPPENED BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO COME UP WITH ANYTHING ORIGINAL, BUT SOME DETAILS WERE ADDED BECAUSE I'M NOT SHARING OUR LIFE STORY WITH YOU XD

Second Period

"Ugh I hate tech," I say to my friend Mackenzie as we walk down the staircase to tech class.

"Are you ready to pick partners and stations?" Mackenzie asks.

"No. I'm gonna ask Wilson if I can just not," I respond, opening the door to the classroom.

"No you're not. If I have to suffer, you do too."

Once we get into the classroom, I follow Mackenzie to her seat, right behind Michael.

I've had a crush on him for a while, but obviously never done anything about it. "Get into your seats so we can get to work!" Mr. Wilson calls.

I walk to my seat, bumping into Michael's table on accident. I blush, continuing the walk to my seat.

After a very long, boring conversation about our next project, we write our names onto little slips of paper and fold them in half, putting them in the boot.

That's how we pick our partners for this project. "Michael, table number two, measuring and drilling," Wilson calls out.

Please don't get table two, please don't get table two. After a long time, the voice I didn't want to hear call my name; Michael.

"Rae, table two." Damn it, I think, walking over to the table. I reach into the boot, pulling out Mackenzie's.

I knew it was Mackenzie's because while we were supposed to fold in the "hamburger" way, she folded it the "hot dog" way.

"Mackenzie," I say, putting the piece on the table in front of me.

"Ready to drill?" She asks me.

"Yep, totally. It's not like I'm constantly shaking and can't drill a straight hole or anything."

Michael stares at me for a second, then looks away when I look up.

"I'll drill them all if you want," Michael says, looking at me.

"Okay, that works because we weren't going to," Mackenzie says to him.

As soon as the blocks of wood get to our table, Mackenzie gets to work on measuring the holes, then handing them to me so I can hand them over to Michael.

"Here ya go," I say, handing him the first block. He takes it from my shaking hands with his warm, strong hands.

When our hands accidentally touch, I pull mine back, feeling the blood rush to my face.

This goes on for a little while, me and Mackenzie talking, screwing around, Michael butting in once in a while, not having a bad time.

As I went to grab the next block from next to Mackenzie for Michael, I hear him blow on something.

I look at him with the block of wood he had most recently drilled in his hand, then look down at my black shirt to see that he had blown sawdust on me.

"Michael," I whine. He smirks and continues drilling. This cycle continues onto the next day of partner work.

"Michael, please stop?" I say when the next day he starts blowing sawdust on me again.

Looking at me with those dark green eyes with a hint of gray, almost like a foggy forest, he blows it towards Mackenzie instead.

(A/N: THE EYE COLOR IS AN EXACT QUOTE FROM "RAE")