Prom Part 2

Third person POV

        "Rae, c'mon, it'll be fine, you look fine, calm down," Rose, one of Rae's friends says, trying to calm the nervous 16 year old, a few hours before prom.

        "But, my back is ugly and I don't look good in this dress and Aiden will probably lo-" Rae starts, getting cut off by Mackenzie.

        "Rae Saxton, how many times have I told you, Michael loves you, not her, and she has nothing on you. Besides, she's going with someone."

        Hearing these words makes Rae feel a little better, though not completely.

        "You look beautiful, ladies," Rose's mother says, knocking on the door.

        "Mom," Rose complains, wanting her mother to go away. "Thank you," Mackenzie says. Rose's mother smiles at them, then closes the door.

        The girls finished getting ready in peace, talking back and forth, mostly about how Michael will be drooling over Rae the whole time, the victim of the teasing shooting down the idea almost immediately.

•°•·•°•·•°•·

        Getting dropped off at the school, where the prom is held, the three beautifully dressed girls make their way inside.

        "Go find your guy," they told Rae, following from a slight distance.

        Feeling nervous that he wasn't going to like her dress, or that he wasn't going to be here, she made her way towards the main area of the prom, where most of the people currently were.

         "Guess who?" The girl heard, hands covering her eyes.

        "Michael," Rae says, relieved that he came. Michael takes his hands off of her eyes, turning her around, his eyes not bothering to try being inconspicuous, checking her out without any guilt.

        "Wow," He breathes, feeling extremely lucky that this girl standing in front of him is his.

       "Is that a good wow?" Rae asks, half trying to be funny and half seriously asking.

        Michael pulls her into one of his infamous iron tight hugs, replying with a simple, "of course."

        They make their way over to the dance floor, where Rae shakes her head. "No way. I can't dance." Michael shakes his head.

        "You don't have to be good at dancing to have fun with it." With those words being said, he starts to dance, a glint in his eyes as he dares the girl to come join him.

        "Ugh, fine," Rae groans, walking closer to him, bouncing up and down on her toes.

         "That's not dancing, Rae, that's bouncing," Michael complains, grabbing her hands and moving them up and down.

        "Michael," she says, trying to pull her hands out of his. "Nuh uh," he says, his grip unwavering.

        Slightly embarrassed, Rae moves her hands, hoping that Michael would let them go once she made an effort to dance. After a few more seconds, Michael lets go, smiling as she danced with him.

•°•·•°•·•°•·

        Eventually, the young couple loses track of time, dancing for almost an hour, before they became too tired to continue.

         "Want to go get something to drink?" Michael asks, breathing heavily after that long dance session.

        "Sure," Rae replies, slightly out of breath herself. The two make their way to the long table, where snacks and drinks were laid out for the students, hand in hand.