Prom Part 1

I happen to think this will be written best in third person POV, so that's probably what will happen throughout this whole book. In case you were confused, this isn't necessarily a story line I'm following, just some scenarios that I happen to think "Rae" will like ;) enjoy

Third person POV

"Rae, when is Michael going to ask you to prom?" Rose asks Rae at their sleepover with Mackenzie, the weekend before prom. This was the weekend in which they were helping each other get their prom outfits assembled, which they had, and if the smiles on each girls faces when they put the dresses on were no indication that the dresses were perfect, then what else would be? Maybe the encouraging nod from the lady who so generously helped them find the perfect dresses, or the way the dresses they chose weren't uncomfortable, like the many, many other dresses beforehand. Each girl looked stunning, Rae in particular. "Rae, Michael is going to be drooling over you all night," Mackenzie had said that day. However, Rae had immediately shot down the thought. "No, he won't. He's probably seen better." Mackenzie and Rose had shaken their heads, almost simultaneously, for they knew what Michael had really thought of her. "I don't think he's going to actually ask me, I thought it was just assumed that we were going together since we've been dating for 2 years now," Rae answers, coming back to reality. "No, he has to ask you. Otherwise, it shows that he doesn't care as much as he should. Even though everyone knows you guys are going together, he still needs to make an effort to show you how much he cares," Mackenzie says, extremely wise in this area for someone who's only dated a few times. "Yeah, I agree," Rose chips in. "Maybe he will soon, who knows?" Rae says, just to make them shut up.

Wednesday, two days before Prom

Rae wakes up, unaware of the events taking place today. Getting up, she sees a note on her dresser, saying:
Don't wear any jewellery today, love, M & R
Taking caution to remember not to wear any jewellery -except for the ring Michael had given her for Valentine's day last year- Rae gets dressed and ready for school. As she was driving to school, she wondered how her friends got into her house, and why she wasn't supposed to wear any jewelry. Another day wasted in a place full of annoying people. She thinks, parking her car in the school parking lot. As she gets out of the car, Rae notices that every 20 feet or so, there's a person waiting with a sign. What's happening? A pep rally? Rae asks herself, before walking towards them, her head tilted in confusion. As Rae gets closer, she realizes the signs are.... for her?

Rae

One of the signs reads. Once Rae reads it, the girl holding the sign hands her a long, thin box, holding such a beautiful charm bracelet that she didn't know if she should even wear it, since she was always so clumsy. Placing it in her bag, afraid she would drop it, she walks away, but not before stopping to read the next sign.

Will You

This sign read. Then, the guy holding the sign almost completely over his face, as if he was scared of Rae, handed her another long, thin box, this one containing a beautiful, silver necklace, one that would go quite well with her dress for prom. So will the bracelet, she thinks. It's almost as if it was planned.. But Mike hasn't seen my dress yet. Sensing a pattern, Rae goes to the next sign, seeing what awaits her there.

Go to

The person holding the sign hands her not jewellery, but a bouquet of white callalilies, Rae's favorite flower. Rae gets a sneaking suspicion of what the next one will say, so she starts walking towards the next, and final, sign.

Prom with me?

This person moves the sign from their face, revealing themself as one of Rae's best friends, Rose. "Go to the place he asked you out," she says, handing her a small, slightly thicker box. "Also," her friend calls out, before Rae can fully walk away. "Don't open the box." Making her way into the building, Rae sees a trail of white roses, most likely leading towards the hallway in which her boyfriend of two years, Michael, asked her out. "Rae," She heard her other friend, Mackenzie, call out. "Yes?" Rae replied, patience wearing thin, seeing as how she just wanted to find Michael and say yes, ending this whole thing. She never was one for large quantities of attention; She liked things to be simple, and non-attention grabbing. "Hurry up, you're so slow," Mackenzie says, pushing her in the direction of the hallway. "Okay, okay, no need for violence," Rae says, walking slightly faster towards the hallway. What she sees there astounds her. Michael is standing there, dead center in the hallway, with some more callalilies in his hand, the other stretched out, reaching for her. Him dressed in a suit, along with the hallway being covered in petals, made her very emotional. Rae runs over to him, hugging him. "When did you plan this all out?" She asks, her head resting on his chest, feeling his rapid heartbeats. Michael smiles, think about how Mackenzie and Rose basically threatened him to do something spectacular for Rae, the girl he cares for so much. "The other day, actually," he answers, holding the girl in an iron tight grip. "You didn't have to put this much effort into asking me, just asking me over a phone call would've been just as fine," Rae says, feeling slightly embarrassed that he spent this much effort and time into doing this. It's time, Michael thinks. He lets go of the gorgeous girl, grabbing the box she has in a tight grip. Mike opens the box, grabbing her left hand, while kneeling down as if proposing. "Rae, I want you to promise me that you will stay with me forever, because I don't know if I'd be able to go on without you by my side. I'm not asking for marriage right now, because I know we're too young and I'm not positive you even feel the same way, but just promise that you'll stay with me," He says, his voice growing softer as he goes on, his heart pounding faster than ever before. In front of Rae's eyes is a scene that makes her want to cry, and this is just someone asking her to prom and giving her a promise ring. She can't even begin to imagine how her wedding proposal will go. "Michael, I don't think I'll ever leave you, especially with you doing things like this..." With those words said, Michael puts the ring on her left ring finger, but carefully, as if she would take back everything she said if he did it to roughly. "So... is that a yes to prom?" He asks, hugging her once again. Rae laughs, nodding her head. "Of course, you idiot."