nine

"Changkyun, we need to talk."

The youngest looked up to find Wonho standing at his door. It had been a week since he and Hyungwon had been abandoned in the dorm by the other members. Wonho had barely said any words to him in that time (not that it was unusual, but he seemed to be avoiding Changkyun more than ever).

"What is it?"

Wonho closed the door and took a deep breath, and Changkyun honestly thought he was going to say something. Instead, tears streamed down the older's face as if someone had just opened the floodgates. "I'm tho thorry!" he wailed, his lisp more evident than ever. "I–I–I—" The older doubled over, his face in his hands.

Changkyun was unsure as to what he should do. Should he go over to him? Should he say anything yet?

Wonho straightened up and let out a loud sob. "I w–was being stubborn."

The rapper decided it was okay to speak. "It's okay, Wonho. Don't worry about it." This only made the older cry louder, and Changkyun didn't know what else to do other than give him a hug, so he went for it. Wonho's sobbing quieted down as Changkyun rubbed his back. "Shh, I forgive you."

"Please," Wonho began shakily, "don't be uncomfortable around me. I'll never ever do that again. I'm never like that, really."

"It's okay, you're stressed."

The older pulled away. "But what about you? You must be even more stressed."

Changkyun smiled reassuringly. "It's died down, really. Everything's okay now, Wonho. We're opening up to a new page."

That made the older smile, and he wiped away his tears with his sleeve. "I'm sorry you had to see that... Well, all of that." He ruffled his hair and stepped back. "Hello, my name is Shin Hoseok. It's nice to meet you."

"Im Changkyun. It's nice to meet you, too."

Jooheon walked into the room not long after Wonho left. "Changkyunnie," he whined, flopping down onto the bed. He craned his head to peek at the open laptop, but the younger closed it. "What's that?" he asked, trying to open the top again.

Changkyun closed the top again. "I'm just writing stuff."

"What kinds of stuff?"

"It's private," he said, folding his hands on top of his laptop.

Jooheon pouted. "Too private for your best friend?" Changkyun shrugged. "You know, you can trust me. I'm not gonna tell anyone."

"I know, Jooheon. I just...don't feel like I need to tell anyone this stuff. Not yet, at least."

The older nodded in understanding. "You'll tell me if there's a problem, right?"

"Of course."

That earned a smile from Jooheon. "That's my boy. Gimme a hug."