eight

Wonho knew he couldn't do it. He had just about gathered enough motivation to apologize to Changkyun (who wouldn't be motivated after being offered a kiss?) but all of his confidence disappeared when he reached the youngest member's room. He stood there for a moment, staring at the closed door in front of him, before shuffling into Shownu's room.

The oldest member looked up expectantly at Wonho, who stood frozen in the doorway.

"Do you want to go to the gym?" he asked, saying the first thing that popped into his head. "You know Manager doesn't like it when I go alone."

Shownu nodded. "Seems good, since we don't have any schedules for today."

Wonho could feel his insides deflate. There was one thing he was supposed to do, but he had already failed. Oh well. Maybe later.

He and Shownu grabbed their gym bags and shuffled back down the hallway. Wonho prayed that Kihyun wouldn't notice him trying to escape, but thankfully, the younger was talking with Minhyuk (probably preparing to go out somewhere).

Mission "avoid Kihyun" was a success. Now all he needed was to complete mission "apologize to Changkyun."

"Minhyuk, I don't understand what the hell is wrong with him," Kihyun whispered, rubbing his temples. "He literally just walked past Changkyun's room after he said he was going to apologize."

Minhyuk shrugged. "Wonho is really sensitive. I think he's just—this is going to sound confusing—he's just hurt by the fact that he hurt Changkyun. So, he's hurt because he knows he hurt someone, and he knows that 'sorry' isn't enough."

"But Changkyun said that he didn't want us to apologize."

"That kid is too nice," Minhyuk said, reaching for a pudding cup on the counter.

"Those aren't yours," Kihyun scolded.

Minhyuk brushed it off, heading across the kitchen to grab a spoon. "Wonho should take advantage of Changkyun's niceness. Even if he doesn't say sorry, just start being nice to him." He spooned some pudding into his mouth before adding, "He's tearing this family apart."

Kihyun sighed. Although Minhyuk had some valid points, it was going to be hard trying to convince Wonho. "This is stressing me out."

"Hey, don't worry about it. Let's go do something fun to get your mind off it." Another spoonful of pudding. "Oh! How about that comic book cafe? You know, the new one." More pudding. "What's it called?"

"Don't talk with your mouth full, it's disgusting."

"No, that's not it," Minhyuk said, laughing at his poor attempt at humor.

Even though Minhyuk was laughing loud enough to annoy their neighbors, Kihyun still heard the creak of the hallway as two members left the dorm. He didn't even have to turn to know one of them was Wonho.

"Let's get ready in fifteen minutes," he said. "It sounds better than staying in this depressing place."