e p i l o g u e

1 year later

"What is this?" Zaynab asked, as she took the envelope that Hassan was offering her.

"Your graduation gift," Hassan replied.

"Another one?" Zaynab asked, surprised.

Hassan nodded in reply.

Ever since her graduation that took place a week ago, Hassan had showered Zaynab with gift upon gift and Zaynab wondered where Hassan kept on getting all these ideas from.

On the actual day of her graduation, Hassan had gifted her a brand new copy of the Qur'an, saying that now she should start reciting from it. Then, the next day, he gifted her a brand new smartphone, telling her that she no longer needed to use her old brick phone anymore. The following day, he had taken her out on a romantic dinner date as her graduation gift. And the day after that, he had gifted her a designer watch. On the fifth day, he bought her an abaya and requested that since she already wore hijaab, she also started wearing the abaya, and she willingly agreed. Then, on the sixth day, he gifted her a massive bouquet and a large box of chocolates.

And now, on the seventh day, he gave her this envelope.

"So what's inside it?" Zaynab asked.

"Open it and see for yourself," Hassan said with an excited smile.

Zaynab laughed at his excited expression, and opened the envelope, pulling out a document. Her eyes scanned the pages, and her lips tugged into an excited smile.

"Wow! Umrah?" Zaynab asked, happily.

"Yeah!" Hassan nodded.

Zaynab's smile suddenly dropped as she looked at Hassan questioningly. "But...but these are just the tickets. Did you even get the visas? I mean, what if we don't get those? Then?"

Hassan laughed gently as he held Zaynab's shoulders and made her sit on the bed.

"Relax! You know Zaynab, you worry too much!" Hassan murmured. "As always!" He added.

Zaynab looked at Hassan questioningly.

"Don't look at me like that! You know it's true! Anyway, we already have the visas. I took your passport without your knowledge to get that done!" Hassan said.

Zaynab's eyes filled with tears as she looked at her husband.

"Really? So In sha Allah, all this will happen? In sha Allah we will go for Umrah?" Zaynab whispered.

Hassan sat down on the bed beside her and put his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close into his side.

"In sha Allah. Yes," Hassan replied.

Zaynab put her hand on Hassan's cheek, and brought his face closer to hers, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"JazakAllah," she whispered.

"Waiyyakum, my love. The flight is the day after tomorrow. I wanted to surprise you by giving you those tickets tomorrow, but then I figured that there would be packing and all for you to do so I needed to give you an extra day," Hassan said.