c h a p t e r 19

"Hassan, here you go," Zaynab said, handing Hassan the three books he had given her.

"You're done? Wow, that was fast!" He said.

"It took me two whole days!" Zaynab exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's fast!" Hassan replied.

"Well, since I had taken two days break from university, and your mum wasn't allowing me to do anything to help her, I ended up getting enough time to myself to read these books," Zaynab said. Then she added, "also, they were so interesting that I didn't even feel like leaving them!"

"I knew you'd find them interesting. So, what did you get to learn from these?" Hassan asked.

"Honestly, our prophet was the most amazing man that ever walked the face of this Earth. No one can ever be like him! He was so smart, so kind, so loving! He was a perfect leader, he always put others before himself, and everyone who knew him cherished him and loved him. Honestly, when I read about his death, the way the people of Madina had become so forlorn at his death, honestly, I wanted to cry. Like Hassan, I wish he was still here with us, to guide us, to teach us! He is indeed the best of Allah's creation!" Zaynab answered.

Hassan observed how Zaynab's eyes lit up, and the way she was talking about Muhammad S.A.W showed that she had, just like he wanted her to, fallen in love with our beloved prophet and his character.

"So, shall we commence our Qur'an class?" Hassan asked her, with a smile.

"Yeah!" Zaynab replied, enthusiastically.

"You've just finished Surah Baqarah, so we'll begin Surah Al-Imran, okay?" Hassan asked.

Zaynab nodded in response.

Zaynab began to recite the Qur'an, and Hassan listened to her recitation, correcting her where it was necessary, and he taught her the necessary rules of tajweed.

Once they were done, Zaynab looked at Hassan with a contented smile.

"It honestly feels so good to recite the Qur'an. I always used to feel satisfied after I finish studying, but nothing compares to once I'm done reciting some Qur'an!" She said.

"I know. I told you, nothing will be as good!" Hassan replied.

"Hassan, can you recite a Surah for me?" Zaynab asked.

"Of course!" Hassan replied. "I'll recite Surah Al-Insan for you."

He took the mushaf from Zaynab and began his recitation.

"Bismillahir rahmaanir raheem," he began and Zaynab was lost in his beautiful voice, reciting the beautiful words of her Lord.

When Hassan reached the twelfth ayah, the words he was reciting caught her attention.

"Wa jazaahum bi maa swabaru jannatan wa hareera. Muttakieena feeha al al-araaiki la yarawna feeha shamsan wa laa zamhareera. Wa daaniyatan 'alayhim dhwilaaluha wadhullilat qutwufuhaa tadhleela. Wa yutwafu 'alayhim bianiyatin min fidwatin wa akwaabin kaanat qawaareera. Qawaareera min fidwatin qaddaruhaa taqdeera. Wa yusqawna feeha ka'san kaana mizaajuhaa zanjabeela. 'Aynan feeha tusamma salsabeela. Wayatwufu 'alayhim wildaanun mukhaladuna idha ra'aytahum hasibtahum lu'lu'an manthura. Wa idha ra'ayta thumma ra'ayta na'eeman wa mulkan kabeera. 'Alayhim thiyaabu sundusin khudrun wa istabraqun wahullu asaawira min fidwatin wasaqaahum rabbuhum sharaaban twahura. Inna haadha kaana lakum jazaa'an wa kaana sa'yukum mashkura."

Zaynab understood what everything meant, which is what had made her so intrigued. She understood that it meant,

"And We will reward them for what they patiently endured [with] a garden [in Paradise] and silk [garments]. [They will be] reclining therein on adorned couches. They will not see therein any [burning] sun or [freezing] cold. And near above them are its shades, and its [fruits] to be picked will be lowered in compliance. And there will be circulated among them vessels of silver and cups having been [created] clear [as glass]. Clear glasses [made] of silver of which they have determined the measure. And they will be given to drink a cup [of wine] whose mixture is of ginger. [From] a fountain within Paradise named Salsabeel. There will circulate among them, young boys made eternal. When you see them, you would think them [as beautiful as] scattered pearls. And when you look there [in Paradise] you will see pleasure and great dominion. Upon the inhabitants will be green garments of fine silk and brocade. And they will be adorned with bracelets of silver, and their Lord will give them a purifying drink. [And it will be said], "Indeed, this is for you a reward, and your effort has been appreciated." ".