t h i r t y - f o u r

Start from the beginning

Shocked by the move, Adonis looked at Ascaria. She didn't seem too shock by it. Adonis returned the gesture, securing his arms around the boy's body. "I'm Adrian." Adrian whispered.

       The father and son shared a moment before Adonis pulled away slightly. "I won't miss another six years, ok?"

Adrian nodded his head. "Okay." He stepped back, and went to sit back in Ascaria's lap. She kissed his temple whispering something in his ear which made him giggle.

          "Let me talk to your father." She said. Adrian nodded again, getting his Ninja Turtles out of her bag and going into the bedroom.

Ascaria's small smile faded as she looked back at Adonis. He sighed heavily, running his hand down his face. "Thanks."

      Fiddling with the ring on her finger, she bit her bottom lip. "I should have done it sooner." She looked up at him. "You hate me, huh?"

Adonis scratched the back of his neck, shaking his head. "Honestly, no. I want to, but I don't have it in me."

          "When you said that, all my common sense went out of the window." She reminisced. "I mean you said that you would want me to get rid of it. Yes, it was hypothetical and I shouldn't have made a decision off of it. But, I didn't want to hear you say it when the situation was real."

"I get it, but if I did then that would have just been on me. I would have made the decision to not be in his life. You didn't give me a chance."

       Ascaria shook her head. "So, you really would have considered telling me to get rid of it?"

Adonis shrugged his shoulder. "Maybe. You were established. I wasn't. But, I still wanted to be with you. I probably would have married you even sooner if I knew you were pregnant."

              "I wasn't established, Don. I wasn't going to live off my parents' money forever. I had goals and aspirations for myself, too."

"I.." Adonis hesitated, and sighed softly. "I probably would have told you to get rid of it. Is that what you want to hear?"

       "No!" She yelled causing him to jump slightly. "I wanted to hear that I was wrong. That you would have told me that you wanted it regardless. That you we were going to be just fine. That you would have married me and we would have had more babies."

Adonis looked at her as the tears cascaded down her soft, brown cheeks. "I'm sorry, Aria. For that and for what I said yesterday."

           "I never cheated on you." She looked at him. "Cheating never crossed my mind. Other men?" She shook her head. "They didn't compare."

"I know." Adonis nodded. "I was the fuck up. I was the one embarrassing you."

             "Like I said, I was willing to look past all that and give us a clean slate. I figured that when you found out that we were going to be parents, it was going to be okay." She smiled slightly. "Even though I still should have told you, I knew that you weren't ready."

"I'm ready now." He said confidently. "I mean we can sit up here and talk about the past, but that's the past. We have another chance to make it right. I'm ready to be a father."