Chapter Twenty: The Power of Mind

Myung-soo woke up standing beside his sleeping form inside the plain white room where the professor took him to rest. "Tough day huh," he heard someone say.

"Ho-won hyung," Myung-soo said. At that moment, Myung-soo remembered what the general told him. "Hyung, I think I'll be engaging a fight that involves life and death."

"The moment you decided to save Sung-gyu, you already started the fight," Ho-won said. "You've already gone a long way. You're strong, and now with those wings? Even stronger. You can finish this."

"Myung-soo, son, wake up," Myung-soo opened up his eyes to find the professor standing beside him, holding a tray of what Myung-soo could classify as good breakfast – hot bowl of rice, egg omelet, spicy beef and seaweed soup. He laid the tray over a table and sat on one of its chairs, while Myung-soo sat on the other. "I thought you might want to eat with someone you can see," the professor said, "you were talking in your sleep actually."

Myung-soo looked at the food in front of him, then to the white walls of the room, to his wings. "What are you thinking about, son?" the professor asked when he noticed how a small smile started forming on Myung-soo's lips.

"My wings... I thought they were white, but being here in this room..." Myung-soo said, "I just couldn't help but notice how grayish they were."

"Your wings are beautiful," the professor assured him, but Myung-soo said, "I'm alright. To tell you the truth professor, I wouldn't be happy if my wings are as white as ivory, or these walls."

"I'm not very much of a saintly person," Myung-soo said.

"But you are a nice, young lad," the professor said. "By the way, were you already able to use those wings of yours?"

"Not yet, but there's only one way to find out," Myung-soo stood up and went to a larger space. He stretched his wings, one after the other, before deciding to give them a flap. He didn't float or even made it off the ground.

"Maybe you should flap them faster and continuously," the professor said. Myung-soo tried doing it, and he was able to lift himself off from the ground.

"Ah, flapping wings is very tiring," Myung-soo said as stooped flapping, now only looking at his wings. "Hey professor, I just thought about this earlier. Do you think it will be funny if angels will just develop the ability of telekinesis to lift themselves instead of having wings?" Myung-soo looked at the professor, and he couldn't fail but notice how the professor's mouth hung wide while looking at his feet. Myung-soo followed the professor's gaze, and he himself ended up disbelieving what he saw.

"How did you do that?" the professor stood up from his seat and mover closer to see if there were strings attached on Myung-soo, or if he was standing over an invisible block of molecules. He was floating on air.

"I don't know sir!" Myung-soo said, "I just thought... That's it! I thought about it!" Myung-soo looked back on his foot and gradually, the distance decreased until his foot were touching the ground. "This is really cool!" Myung-soo said.

"So having those wings gave you the an astonishing power of making whatever you're thinking of possible!" the professor said. "Can you do some other things?" Myung-soo looked at the corner of the wall on the opposite side of the room before slightly ducking. The next second he knew he was at the same corner, his back facing the corner, with his hands and feet holding the wall to keep him from falling. He stayed there for a while before slowly slipping down to the floor. "You also acquired powerful legs," the professor said, "I know what you'll need to beat the General."