Chapter Seventeen: The Link

"Why are they locking us up?" Dong-woo said, breaking the silence. What happened was, they were all brought in a camera-installed cell inside the station and were left there, still with cuffs on their hands.

"They really didn't tell," Sung-yeol said.

"Shh! Shut up!" Jung-won who was on the opposite side of the cell suddenly interrupted before turning to Myung-soo, "Is your toy royal army soldier still around? I have to change his batteries and turn him into a walkie-talkie." Jung-won glanced to the cameras installed in every side of the cell.

Myung-soo looked around before saying, "Nope, I dropped mine somewhere when they cuffed us. Surely Ho-won will get mad. On second thought, why don't you just imagine that you have it on your hands." Jung-won looked at him seriously, and he slightly nodded in response.

Jung-won hugged her knees and bowed her head, while Myung-soo stood up and circled his arms around Sung-jong's head. "Ah, I'm still so sleepy," Myung-soo said before burying his head to Sung-jong. "Don't react, but she's talking to Ho-won hyung," Myung-soo muttered on his ear. "She couldn't explain it directly, so hyung will have to help us."

Myung-soo became quiet for a little while before whispering, "Jung-won said that we should not talk about our plan to find Angel, nor what we saw in our sleep. They know about my connection to hyung, and apparently the people outside thinks that we are a potential threat to national security."

"I have to tell Dong-woo about this. You tell what you know to Sung-yeol, but act as if you're talking about something funny. Now react and shrug me off," Myung-soo quietly said. After a few moments, Sung-jong suddenly said, "Yah! You're too heavy! Will you just go to Dong-woo!"

"Yah! From now on I don't love you anymore!" Myung-soo said with fake sobs before standing up and clinging to Dong-woo. Sung-jong started whispering to Sung-yeol and after a while they broke into laughter.

"Yeah! I think Myung-soo looks ridiculous too!" Sung-yeol said out loud.

"Yah! Stop talking about me!" Myung-soo said before burying his head back to the crook of Dong-woo's neck. "We have to get out of here right away," Myung-soo muttered on his ears, "he seriously needs our help."

"Myung-soo, I think we should just wait first," Dong-woo muttered back. "In our situation right now, I think there's nothing we can do. How about you? Do you have a plan?" Myung-soo really didn't have a plan. In fact everything that happened that day wasn't planned. His meeting with his father, his visit to the police station, their visit to the underground facility, all just came up a few moments before they were put into action. None was really carefully planned.

An hour passed, but not a single person from the station came to free them. Suddenly two police officers came in with blankets and food on their hand. "Ma'am, we're really sorry. The General called and told us not to release you until he gets to talk to you," one officer said, "the kids, on the other hand, will only be released once their parents or guardians come to fetch them."

"We'll at least they didn't really hold us here with nothing," Sung-yeol said which gained him a look from his friends. "I'm just saying!" he said before taking a plate of what the police brought them.

"When will be the general's arrival?" Jung-won asked the officer.

"The general is expected to arrive tonight, but he might arrive late so we decided to provide everyone with blankets and dinner."