Chapter Eight: First Love

Myung-soo woke up on his bed with a warm body pressed on his side and a faint breathing on his face. He opened his eyes to find an ever angelic face still there, so close and whose arms still around him. He looked around, and judging by the light that comes from the window, it was already afternoon.

Myung-soo gently rolled away to make sure his hyung wouldn't wake up. When he managed to get out of bed, he made his way to the kitchen to make some dinner for three.

"Oh, you're awake," Myung-soo almost jumped in surprise when his mother suddenly spoke behind him while he was cooking.

"Mom, if you continue doing that, one day you're going to kill me," Myung-soo said.

"Baby, I don't think that will happen," Mrs. Kim said before she walked near her son. She looked at Myung-soo and slightly narrowed her eyes as if inspecting him carefully. Just like any other teenager, her actions just made her son feel nervous.

"Mom," Myung-soo said, "Will you stop that and just ask me what you want to know."

"Myung-soo," his mother paused for a while before continuing, "are you in love?"

"What? Why would you think like that?" Myung-soo took a spoonful of the curry he was cooking and quickly blew it before tasting.

"Because... I saw you and Angel sleeping like a couple earlier," Myung-soo almost choked while tasting the curry because of that. His mother just like giving suspense to everything.

"Mom!"

"Myung-soo, I'm your mother and I know that you like Angel–"

"Mom, stop it!"

"– and obviously he liked you too so I just want to tell you–"

"You think so?" Myung-soo was surprised that he said those words. Even his own mother seemed to be surprised with it, but after the initial shock, his mother just smiled and moved closer. "I just want to tell you that I will support you in whatever decision you'll make. As long as you're happy."

"But mom, he's my cousin," Myung-soo said, "And, aside from that I don't think it'll come to that... serious point right away."

"He's a very distant cousin and I know you want to take things slow, but then you'll never know..."Mrs. Kim rested her head on her son's shoulder, "I just want you to remember that love is not about sex –"

"Mom! Shut up!" Myung-soo said while covering his ears. "Stop being too liberal for a while, please!"

"Baby, you have to listen. Here's your mother trying to talk to you about the birds and the bees," Mrs. Kim said while attempting to remove the cover from Myung-soo's ears.

"Annyeong haseyo," Someone spoke behind them.

"Oh, Angel, how's your sleep?" Mrs. Kim said. Myung-soo quickly went back to cooking as soon as Sung-gyu came. He turned off the fire and took bowls from the cabinet, keeping his gaze away from his hyung. He just wished his hyung didn't hear them talking.

"Very energizing ma'am," Sung-gyu said, "although I'm quite regretful of it. I think I'll find it hard to sleep tonight." Sung-gyu approached Myung-soo and helped him arrange the table. On the other hand, Mrs. Kim eyed the two every now and then.