The Ghost of You

"I can't Quinn, I’m ugly! They are right!" I said as I started trembling violently. "Gigi! Listen to me!” as she took my shoulders and started shaking me to grab her attention. “There just big losers, there not worth your time!” Quinn said as we were in the bathroom. I’m glad no one comes in this bathroom or everyone would make fun of us even more. “I hate this school,” Crossing my arms with a pouting look. 

“I know, well at least its senior year,”  Quinn says with an optimistic tone of voice. I smiled, she always knows how to come me down during anxiety attacks. “wash up.” “I’ll be in the hallway.” As she walks out the door. For the first time I look in the mirror, as I lift my head  I see make up running down my somewhat pale skin. I pull up my faded lavender hair, tieing it in a quick messy bun. I clean up my face and re-do my eyeliner and mascara.

“This is awful” I whisper to myself. I think back to 20 minutes ago. Stacey and her evil sidekick Mary, with their tall heels and cute mini skirts showing off there beautiful tan legs. And there perfectly straight blood hair that always seems to be perfect.

“Emo freak” they say with a snotty tone. “Get that metal out of your fore head its disgusting,” Mary says looking towards Stacey to see her response. She gives a small smirk, trying to top her  “ Your parents must be ashamed of your ugly ass,” Stacey says as Mary gives me a disgusted look. “We’ll at least I’m not I slut!” I cry hoping to have defeated her. “Excuse me?” Stacey states.

“We’ll at least guys want to sleep with me!” I scream. At this point everyone in the hallway is staring at me, including the jocks even teachers and nerds laugh at me. “Cut your wrists some more why don’t you! No one fucking cares. I hope you kill yourself.” Stacey’s boyfriend, a hunky masculine boy all the girls drool over tells me.

I see everyone stare at me, every laugh. Until people throw books at me, knocking me down. “You get down bitch now one cares, you emo freak.” Mary states. As all the “cool” kids walk out.

Once Quinn stops every one she dragged me into the deserted bathroom that is so clean since no one uses it. And as the thought ends along with me pulling down my hair that goes down passed my breast. I notice my clothing. A old oversized t-shirt, leggings, high top converse.  While comparing myself to the 2 most popular girls in school. My eyes water but I refuse to let them show. I swallow, taking one last step out of the bathroom.

I see Quinn, with her beautiful pin- straight red hair, she’s a lot more pale then me and her hair makes her look even more pale. I see her shiny snake bites she got junior year, something I couldn’t pull off, her Panic! At the Disco shirt along with jeans and Docs.

I love her docs, but that something else I could never pull  off. “You okay?” Quinn says with a worried smile. “No, I’m not okay, but I’ll get over it” I state as we walk out of school. “Want to come to my place tonight?” she says. “Ya! My mom doesn’t care.” “Cool”. Once we get out of school she blasts her Blink 182 playlist.

As our favorite song comes on 5 minutes later. We start rocking out, flipping out hair and dancing to the beat.

We most look like fools, I can’t even remember how me and her became best friends. I love her, I don’t know what I would do with out her. Then the chorus comes and we are screaming the lyrics bouncing and flipping our hair.

Towards the end of the song I bump into something, as Quinn sees this she closes her music fumbling to turn it off quickly. “Sorry about that,” I say with guilt in my face. 

As the guy turns around I immediately recognize him from school. “Yea, what eve- wait, weren’t you the girl people were throwing books at earlier?” he says with interest plastered on his face. “yea…” I whisper looking toward the ground.

How embarrassing, the only guy that has willingly talked to me and he thinks I am a complete loser. “Yea, I’m used to it to” he says not looking at me but at the ground. As I try to catch his gaze I say “ Are you in my classes?” I ask trying to keep up with a small talk.

He takes his hand through his long, shaggy hair pulling it away from his face. “Yea, I think so..” he says not wanting to work with me. “Your one of the Ways, are you not?” Quinn says. Taking me away from my oh so lovely dream.

Wow, I totally forgot she was there. He was cute, he had all black on with black converse and a dark gray jacket. “Yea, I’m Gerard.” He said finally looking at me.

“Gigi” I say.  As we lock eyes I’m shocked by his deep, innocent hazel eyes. “We should better get going…” Quinn says. “yea..” I say still memorized by him, as a whole. “Bye, see you at school tomorrow?” I say as Quinn is pulling me down the sidewalk,  our eyes still locked.

“Sure.” He says with a tiny bit of disappointment in his eyes. We finally get a safe distance from him as Quinn says “Wow, that was weird.” as I look back  to I see him looking behind his back to catch a glimpse of us, I turn around quickly, shocked. “yea.”