Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Sam

A grin broke out from me as soon as I saw Cameron.

"Cameron!" I grinned. He was looking as good as ever.

"Missed me?" he asked teasingly.

"How are you?" I asked him. He gave me a small smile.

"Still good looking, what about you?" he asked.

My smile dropped. I looked at the ground sadly before turning to give him a weak smile.

"Not so good," I whispered. He frowned before stalking in front of my cell.

"Don't touch the bars," I warned him.

He gave me a smile "I know."

"So, did Xander call you?" I asked hesitantly.

"Nah, I came here myself knowing your mate would never call me if it was up to him," he said casually while looking a little smug.

I looked at him in surprise. Xander let him come?

"And Xander didn't tell you to go back?" I asked in bewilderment.

He shrugged. "Guess he finally figured out that it would make you happy to have me around because I'm just that awesome," he said cockily.

I chuckled, shaking my head in amusement. It's good to have Cameron here. It helped take my mind off the war.

"Wait, you left your pack alone? Who's there to look after it?" I asked, suddenly feeling guilty for taking him away from his pack.

"My beta is looking after the pack, so don't worry." He said in a reassuring tone. I looked at him warily but nodded. He knows what's best for his pack.

"I heard about the news from that crazy lady over there," he said, nodding in the direction of Adriana's cell.

"Excuse me? I am not crazy! How dare you call me crazy you cocky little alpha!" Adriana's voice sounded from her cell.

Cameron looked back at me and gave me a cheeky smile.

"See what I mean?" he said smugly. I laughed at his childish behavior.

"Congratulations by the way. Never got the chance to tell you because a crazy female dog," he said glancing at Adriana's direction "distracted me. She should really be banned from the pack." He said in disappointment.

I looked at him glumly. "Unfortunately, her mate is the beat of the pack, and I don't think would be too happy to replace his trusted beta just because of his crazy she wolf mate," I told him.

He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Sam, do you really think Xander would risk having a crazy b*tch running around freely in the pack just because of his beta? I mean it would be hard for Liam, but Xander has to do whatever he can in order to protect the pack." Cameron said, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Even I feel bad for Liam for having a mate like that," he muttered.

I looked at him for a moment before redirecting my gaze in the direction of Adriana's cell.

"Liam, let me out," I whispered softly. He looked at me in surprise.

"I can't Sam. Xander told me not to let you out of the cell when I was making my way to visit you here." He said apologetically. I looked at him and pleaded.

"Please Cameron. I just need some answers from her," I told him. He looked at me hesitantly before turning to look at Arthur.

Arthur handed him the keys before focusing back to his mate who was watching the whole scene.

Liam unlocked the cell and opened it for me. I smiled at him gratefully before making my way to Adriana's cell. She looked up from her bed and gave me a bored look.

"Do you need anything? Because if you don't then I would really appreciate it if you leave me alone and go back to your la-la land," she said in a bored tone.

My wolf was fuming. She wanted Adriana's blood and she's not going to stop until the person in front of us is dead for what she did. I stopped my wolf before she takes control, especially now that we're carrying a life.

" Why?" I asked quietly.

She looked at me and really looked at me. She looked like she was contemplating whether to tell me or not. Instead, she turned her gaze to look at the wall.

"Please . . . I just want some answers," I told her.

She looked at me and she almost looked angry.

"You really want to know why? Fine. I was born a rogue. My brother and I both were, but it didn't matter to me because our family was happy. One day my parents decided to go hunt for food because hey, wouldn't you want your children to have full stomachs? They said that they would be back in a couple of hours, but they never came back. My brother and I went to the area where they usually hunt. I couldn't shift back then because I was too young, so I would always have to ride on my brothers' back," she chuckled at the memory.

"We went there and guess what? Instead of seeing our parents with dead animals clamped in their jaws we saw their dead bodies instead." She said bitterly, pain could be heard from her voice. I know the feeling of losing your parents all too well. After all, it happened to me as well.

"The scent of the people who murdered my parents was still fresh, so my brother tried to sniff out the source. It leads us to the biggest pack in the world. Do you know whose pack that was? Xander's brother!" she laughed, but that laugh was full of hatred and pain.

"Of course, we knew that we had no chance against powerful warriors, so we retreated. My brother told me that everything would be alright, but even I could hear the pain and hatred in his voice. He tried his very best to keep me alive until a pack warrior found us near their territory. I thought for sure that we were dead, but their alpha took us in and raised us as one of his children. We became very close to his son, who is also known as the alpha of one of the most powerful packs in the world. He made my brother his beta when he took over the pack because they were practically brothers, inseparable. Even I was a little jealous." she said.

She looked at me and gave me a bitter smile.

"Remember the time when my group and I trespassed into your pack? Our plan was to join and infiltrate, but seeing as your mate is the second most powerful alpha in the world we knew that it would be a little harder to do that. But then, news traveled and all of a sudden you're there. You came in the picture and that made things somewhat easier for us. We were told to bring you back by my old alpha, and of course, I obeyed. Why shouldn't I? After all, he took care of me and my brother. That's the least I could do for him." She finished.

I looked at her silently, not knowing what to do.

"But if it was Xander's brother's pack who attacked your parents, why did you want to kill Xander and infiltrate his pack?" I was feeling confused. I didn't know what to do or what to say.

She looked at me "Are you really that dumb? Since Xander is his little brother, one that he adored so much, wouldn't that be the most obvious way to bring down a powerful alpha? Target his family and the ones he loves and cares about." she said.

I didn't know what to do, so I turned around and went back to my cell. Cameron's face is blank and expressionless. He gave me a small smile before locking my cell once more.

What am I going to do after hearing all that?

__________________________________________________________________

Want to know what hapens next? Click on my profile, follow the steps on my bio, and you're good to go :)

Happy Reading!