Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Sam

I waited until midnight for Xander to arrive back. He told me to wait for him in 'our bedroom' and that he has to let his wolf out. I've been waiting for him for three hours. To be honest, I was feeling tired and I want to go to sleep. The only reason why I waited for him is that he told me to and that I was afraid of getting punished by him, so I waited.

I hear the front door open and slam close, making my heart beat erratically when I smelled my mate's scent. I hear his footsteps getting louder and louder, coming my way. I held my breath until the door to our bedroom slammed open, revealing my mate whose eyes were glowing gold.

"Xa-Xander?" I said in a small voice while looking at him under my lashes, feeling my wolf howl for her mate.

Xander watched me with glowing eyes, studying me. He came toward the bed and sat in front of me, taking a hold of my shoulders before shoving his face in the crook of my neck and inhaling my scent.

"Xa-Xander? What are yo-you doing?" I asked, feeling nervous by his sudden actions. He didn't respond, but I felt him licking and kissing my neck making a shot of electricity course through my veins. I held back the moan that wanted to escape and instead focused on what he was doing to me.

I felt his sharp canines brushing the side of my neck, making my eyes widen. I grabbed his shoulders and tried pushing him away from me, but the growl that escaped his throat told me that he didn't like what I did. He lifted his head slightly and looked into my eyes. I looked back feeling dazed at the intensity of his glowing eyes. He shoved his face back into the crook of my neck and licked before brushing his canines once again.

"Xander, please stop. I'm not ready," I pleaded. If he were to mark me now, then I will never be able to escape. Yes, I'm going to escape again to try and protect Xander and his pack. If he marks me now, I will never be able to escape because the bond will intensify.

Xander growled at the words that I told him and pressed me against him. He put his nose against my hair and sniffed, taking in my scent. I put my hands against his chest and tried to push him away, but failed once again.

Xander's growls became louder and his hold against me became tighter. He shoved his head against his face in my neck and growled out "Mine!" before sinking his canines on my neck.

I screamed at the sharp pain that coursed through me, my body trying to get used to the pain. It feels as if a knife was going in my neck. I feel tears building in my eyes because of the pain.

When mates mark each other, it's supposed to be a great feeling because your soul mate is giving you an orgasmic feeling just by marking you as theirs. It will only hurt, like how mine is hurting now, if it's forced, or if the mate that's being marked doesn't want to be marked.

Xander took his canines out of my neck before licking it clean. My neck still hurts, even when he took his canines out it still hurt. The tears in my eyes don't go away.

"Now everybody will know that you're mine," Xander said, looking at me with his glowing eyes.

My screams turned to whimpers. I got out of his hold and laid down on the bed facing away from him. A few moments later, I feel an arm wrap around my waist pulling me against a hard chest. I don't protest, too weak to do anything to stop him.

My wolf is howling in happiness inside my head, feeling excited that her mate finally marked us as his. I was feeling far from happy. He said that he wouldn't hurt me, but he did. By forcing his mark on us he hurt me.

A wave of dizziness hit me, forcing me to succumb to sleep, but before I fully lost consciousness, I heard "I'm sorry for hurting you. I hope you will forgive me. I just had to do it so that everybody knows that you belong to me."

......

I woke up, feeling the sun shining down on my face. I turned my head to the side and opened my eyes. I was pressed against a warm, hard chest, making me feel aware of the closeness between me and Xander. I tried pulling away, but his arm only tightened. I tried again and he let out a growl, startling me. I stayed put, feeling afraid to do anything.

A few seconds later, Xander started stirring before his gray eyes opened, looking at me with a small smile. I tried to force a smile, but it felt more like a grimace. He frowned, noticing my mood.

"What's wrong mate?" he asked in a worried tone.

I didn't answer in fear of angering him if I say the wrong word.

"Answer me. What's wrong?" I still didn't answer, I put my head down to prevent myself from looking at him. I hear him sigh before feeling his fingers gently grasp my chin and forcing me to look at him.

"What's. Wrong?" He asked firmly, looking into my eyes. I looked at him before answering in a scared and hurt voice.

"Yo-You fo-forced your mark on me," I said.

Suddenly, memories of my pack forcing me to do something against my will hit me like a tidal wave. Their mean and hurtful words, the punches, kicks and all the other things they would do to me if I refused to do what they told me to do. I gave out a slight whimper from the memories invading my head.

He frowned, worry showing in his eyes. I made sure to block my thoughts so he can't read it. I tried to pull away from him again, but Xander didn't let me go.

"Pl-please let me go. I have to use the bathroom." I said. His hold loosened and I was finally able to get out of bed. I was making my way to the bathroom when his voice stopped me.

"You know, I don't feel sorry for marking you. I only feel happy knowing that everybody will finally know that you belong to me. But I am sorry for forcing my mark on you. I just had to do it, my wolf forced me to do it, and I couldn't do anything about it. People just have to know that you're mine, my mate."

I didn't say anything but I nodded to let him know that I understand before going inside the bathroom and closing the door behind me.

_____________________________________________________________________