/Thirty-Three/

harry_styles: tfw things are finally okay 🔥

louis_tomlinson: I know, its sort of shocking.

heyitsliam: you guys I'm coming over we gotta talk

niallhoran: you guys are alive?

harry_styles: what do u mean alive Niall, where tf have u been?

louis_tomlinson: yeah Niall tf have u been doing

zaynmalik: yeh dude we been here ?

niallhoran: also, in case you guys didn't know there's this thing called text messages

zaynmalik: shut up Niall

niallhoran: no, fight me hoe

zaynmalik: you're a child

niallhoran: bet, catch these hands

zaynmalik: srsly Horan?

louis_tomlinson: can u guys not

niallhoran: wait where have y'all been its been literal years

harry_styles: we just asked the same thing also just because u don't leave ur house doesn't mean we dont

louis_tomlinson: yeah, where have YOU been Niall?

niallhoran: what do u mean me? where have u been Lou!

heyitsliam: Lou im here

___

"What I'm struggling to understand is why you didn't just tell us," Louis exclaimed, as he looked at Liam with large accusing eyes.

"Well, see we aren't dating, we are just..." Liam blushed at this point.

"F-cking?" Louis' mouth fell.

"Well, yeah sort of," Liam nodded once.

"What do you mean sort of mate? you know what, I know you and you wouldn't stand for this," Harry pointed out.

"We just don't want to mess it up by putting a label on it okay, also you guys seemed to have been going through your own things thats why we didn't want to mention it," Liam added on after a moment's pause.

"Bullshiiiiitttt," Louis stood up abruptly. "How long has this been going on?"

"Only a few months," Liam insisted. Louis cocked an eyebrow, and he peered at Liam with wide eyes, it certainly didn't feel like a few months, in fact for some odd reason Louis felt like it'd been a solid couple of years since he's had a proper conversation with Liam, although that may just be because he's spent so much time with Harry.

"Well, I know Zayn, and I just don't want him or either of you guys to be hurt," Louis declared.

"That won't happen, besides, we are both adults we know what we are doing. It's a thing, it just hasn't fully blossomed into a thing you know," Liam reassured his friends. Harry who had remained silent throughout all this only shook his head.

Louis was not reassured, he knew Zayn better than anyone, he just felt that the two guys were still shy about their feelings and he only hoped that they really did work things out and not just left things out. At that moment all three of their phones decided to ring. They looked at each other in surprise, and pulled out their new iPhones.

"When did you get yours?" Harry asked Liam, who muttered a few months ago, wow, it really did seem like it'd been a while.

niallhoran: hey u fuckers, open the door damnit

niallhoran: also I brought Zayn

They all stared in bewilderment at the tweets and then proceeded to all walk to the door, sure enough after Louis opened the door he found Niall and Zayn, both clad in winter jackets and winter hats.

"Give me your phones," Niall demanded, and knowing better than to mess with him everyone handed over their phones. "No more, no more tweets, texts, encrypted shades online, no more ghosting, no more...we are going to hang out and talk like human beings. I am happy that you are all together, but I miss my friends okay, so just promise me, no more twitter."

The other four lads looked at each other in slight annoyance but nodded. Zayn placed an arm around Liam's waist and an arm around Louis' shoulder. Harry had his hand resting on Louis' hip, but his body completely turned towards him. Niall was still the only one standing in the doorway. He looked at his friends, and smiled.

"Now, what do you guys have to eat?" he asked and he walked inside, and threw all their phones onto the couch. The other four laughed at their friend's shameless self, but followed him into the kitchen.

"Also, if you all ever not hit me up for what it feels like two years, I am never talking to you ever again," Niall snapped as he opened the fridge.

Liam looked at Zayn who looked at Louis who nudged Harry towards his friend, "Us, ignore you Niall? Never." Niall looked at all of them with clear suspicion.

"I mean you f-cks can tweet about your lives but not talk to me, like what the fuck?" Niall exclaimed and he shook his head.

Liam hugged his best friend, "Won't happen again Niall, you know we love you!"

"Yeah, you better," but Niall smiled and hugged him back.

Zayn walked over to the cabinets and began pulling out ingredients, Louis walked to the freezer and pulled out containers of ice cream. Harry leaned against the counter and cracked jokes that no one but Louis laughed at. After a bit, Zayn walked over to Liam and tugged him towards helping him make food. They all laughed and poked fun at each other, and their phones laid long forgotten.

____________________

dedicated to those who stayed,

thank you.

all the love.