"BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL!" I yell teasingly, in attempt to free my hand so I could continue to hide my cheek. Ignoring my plea, she instead takes her other hand off the wheel as well, using both in an effort to get me to show my face. Suddenly I hear her breath catch in her throat and the removal of her hands almost immediately.

"HOLY!" A loud bang is the last thing I remember hearing before I'm thrown forward violently, only restrained by the seatbelt.

"Ma'am, can you hear me?" Somebody asks from somewhere around me

"Ma'am, can you hear me?" Somebody asks from somewhere around me. Without answering, I slowly flutter my eyes open, revealing a mass of shattered glass and metal in front of me.

"What happened?" I ask in a small voice.

"Miss Hernandez, you were in a single vehicle accident. Your emergency contacts have been notified. My name is Troy, and I'm here to help you, alright?" A paramedic says.

"Is Y/N okay?" I ask. The paramedic sighs and looks away, causing tears to well up in my eyes.

"Ma'am, I think it's best if we not talk about her." He says sympathetically.

"Please, I just want to know if there's a chance that she'll make it. I beg you!" I wail. Troy looks at me with a sorrowful expression, and takes a deep breath.

"Ma'am, she doesn't look good. Her chances of survival are slim, but there. Pray for her, alright?" He says. Just then, a second paramedic comes up beside Troy.

"Ma'am, we're going to get you out now. BRING THE JAWS OF LIFE PLEASE!" He starts speaking softly to me, and then yells at someone else. Within mere moments of his call, one of his colleagues brings over this complicated piece of machinery.

"You're putting that on me!?" I ask frightened. Troy lightly chuckles.

"Oh no Ma'am. That goes on the car door, so we can pry it open to get you out." He explains much to my relief. The machine did as he explained, and I was pulled out with something uncomfortable placed around my neck.

"You're doing great Ma'am." Troy says as I'm loaded on to a waiting ambulance.

Lauren's POV

Ally and Y/N had gone out for their 1-month celebration, so the four of us decided to watch Netflix and chill. We on our fourth movie, Camz cuddled in to me and Mani cuddled in to DJ, when the phone rang.

"Not it!" I call lazily.

"Not it!" Both Manj and DJ repeat.

"That leaves you, Camz." I say. She groans but does get up.

"Ugh, fine. Be right back." Camila says she trudges over towards the phone. Seconds later, she returns with a worried and panicked expression.

"What's wrong Camz?" I ask concerned.

"Ally and Y/N had a wreck; we need to head to the hospital now!" She says. I nod and wake up the others, who were just as worried as we are. Grabbing the keys off the kitchen counter, I quickly but safely drive us to the hospital.
When we get there, I decide to head directly to the emergency department.

"Allyson Hernandez and Y/N Y/LN?" I ask the receptionist.

"Miss Hernandez is currently under evaluation, but Miss Y/LN has not arrived yet. Please take a seat, and we'll call you up when Miss Hernandez is ready." She responds. We do as instructed and take seat in the waiting area. It wasn't for long though, however, for a doctor came out almost immediately after we had sat down.

"For Allyson Hernandez?" He calls. Our group stands up and swiftly makes our way over.

"I'm Doctor Martin. Your friend Allyson has been placed under my care. Rest assured she will be given the best medical attention possible. Her condition is not life threatening at the moment, but she does require supervision. Miss Hernandez's brain has swollen quite significantly from the violent force of the accident; thus, she is currently an induced coma to allow for the reduction of the swelling. Other than minor cuts and bruises, she looks healthy." He explains as he leads us down a small hallway filled with nurses and other doctors. We stop in front of door 193 before he swipes his ID card to gain entry. Inside, Ally lay on a small bed hooked up to multiple gauges such as pulse and blood pressure.

"Thank you, Dr. Martin." I say. He nods and exits the room. Dinah and I stay on Ally's left, while Camila and Normani are on Ally's right. We quietly stare at our best friend and oldest bandmate hoping for her to recover as quickly as possible. Ten, maybe fifteen minutes had gone by before the speaker in the hallway came to life.

"For Y/N Y/LN!" We look at each other before I take Camila's hand, and we sprint down the hallway to the reception area. A female doctor is there, wielding a clipboard.

"Hi, we are here for Y/N Y/LN?" Camila says.

"I'm Doctor Boyle and Miss Y/LN is under my expert care. I'm afraid I must inform you that she is doing well, her vitals are stable. She has a lacerated scalp as well multiple fractures of both her left arm and leg. It is also possible that she has a mild concussion as well, a thorough analysis will be conducted once she has recovered slightly." She says. We follow her down a different corridor, peering through the windows of each room we pass. The patients in this hallway seem far sicker than the other.

"Ladies, what's known as the ICU or Intensive Care Unit is behind this set of doors we're about to enter." Dr. Boyle explains as she unlocks the double doors. Inside, the area is eerily quiet. A few doors down from the entrance, one is marked 'Y/N Y/LN'. Dr. Boyle pushes the door open, revealing Y/N limp on the bed with bandages wrapped around her head, arm and leg.

"Oh my goodness." I breathe out. The doctor gives us a sad smile in empathy before shifting her papers on the clipboard, one of which fell to the floor. As I reach down to pick it up, the words written on it catches my eye. Before I could question Dr. Boyle, she snatches the paper and sprints off, leaving me stunned and Camila confused.

"Lo, what was on that paper?"

"A death certificate issued for Y/N Y/LN."

Thank you for reading guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ~Desmond

~Desmond