Chapter 12: A Slap to the Masseter

Start from the beginning

I remembered the way he looked at me, how I always dream he looks at me. The smile on his face, the love in his eyes.

Ugh!

Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!

That's it! I am not allowed to feel anything towards that man! I don't care how much I want to kiss him or hug him or love him or even just see him talk to me normally!

I do not owe him anything! I mean my dream proved that he was no good for me.

I marched back into my bed with new found determination and slept peacefully...until my alarm rang an hour later.

***

"Okay so on my birthday come around 2pm to set up and if you want, you can bring your clothes and makeup and get ready at my house!" She clapped her hands together and squealed. "Just don't come earlier than that! We're gonna be having a family meeting." She gave a pointed look to everyone but me.

I was sitting in the middle of the table with these people sitting around me laughing, playing, talking about Jen's party and how they were going to get so drunk and instead of joining them, I was stuck on one thought that kept going through my head.

Why didn't he come today?

Stupid bastard never showed up to school today and I was going to ignore him!

I gritted my teeth in anger. Why is it when I want to ignore him, he isn't here?

"Earth to Ari!" Jen waved her hand in front of my face and gave me a concerned look. "Are you okay? You seem a little distracted."

I smiled and waved it off. "No, I'm good! Just thinking about what to wear to your party!"

Great! Now I really was thinking about it. I don't have anything to wear!

Jen squealed again. I had to cover my ears because of the high pitched sound. "We'll go shopping! OMG! This is so awesome!"

I laughed nervously mostly because I was not excited about it. I hated shopping with my mom but with friends? I have no idea how that's going to be.

Aaron chimed in with a high pitched "girly" voice. "Let's go shopping!"

I snorted with laughter because he reminded me of the movie White Chicks.

"Who said you were coming?" Jen placed her hand on her hip.

Aaron pouted and widened his eyes trying to look cute, which actually worked. In a little brother sort of way.

"Please Cuz..Pwease?" He said in a creepy baby voice again. I shuddered from the memory of the first time he used that voice.

Jen rolled her eyes and muttered "fine" under her breath.

"Hey if Aaron is going then we're going too!" Anna and Ashley said flipping back there perfect hair.

"OMG! Fine! We'll make a trip of it! God!" Jen huffed, slamming her hand on the table.

I looked across the room to see Nate staring at me and I blushed looking down.