Chapter 11: Serena

*looks when I last updated* 

...

heh heh heh 

pls dont kill me XD

HERE HAVE A CHAPTER!!! :)

btw just a note if u didn't know: 'chicken' is the pool game where one team member sitting on the shoulders of their friend or riding piggy-back, against another team (also piggyback) where they try to push the other team over. just making sure everyone knows what it is - if y'all still confused, just google it XD

and please read the author's note at the end - its explains why the update was delayed. thx! now on with the story... 

_________________________

She could see the rippling blue tides of salty water rushing onto the sand. Her hands could feel the gritty texture of the sand she sat on. Lana and Lillie were splashing each other in the water, laughing while doing so.

As a special treat, Professor Kukui had organised a beach day for the class. Even though he told them it was 'an educational experience to observe water Pokemon in their natural element', they all knew it was just an excuse to just chill out and have some fun.

Serena was decked out in her pink and white two piece, the bottom half being a skirt. The sun was pleasantly warm on her skin, and the cool sea breeze ruffled her short hair. Braixen and Sylveon were laying down next to her, just relaxing and enjoying the sun. Pancham and Kirlia however, had already dived into the water, and were making friends with some of the wild Pokemon. The Professor sat nearby reading the newest issue of 'Pokemon Weekly', while Mallow and Sophocles were closer to the shore building a sand castle with their own Pokemon.  

Serena raised a hand to shield the sun from her eyes. Hmmm... where did I put my sunglasses? she thought, leaning over her towel to rummage through her bag.  

The sounds of laughter from the distance drew her attention. She saw Ash and Kiawe racing against each other in the water - going from the shore to the small island a bit further out, then back again. Ash was ahead of Kiawe, which wasn't a surprise. Although Kiawe was physically stronger, water wasn't really his thing.

Ash looked so confident, his tan arms moving through the water with ease. When she was staring at him from the sand it felt like time stood still. All of a sudden there was no one else on this beach except for the two of them. That was until she saw him swinging his arms around and falling into the water as a wave came up behind him and dunked him under. Serena couldn't help but giggle when she saw his head bobbing up from the water, a hand pushing the dark wet hair out of his face. Kiawe rode out the wave and triumphantly put his hands in the air.

Ash walked out of the water, shaking his head back and forth rapidly - water flying everywhere. He caught her gaze and grinned, walking over to her. Serena hastily looked away, and went back to finding her sunglasses. Ash came over and laid himself down next to her. Serena looked over and saw him lying on his stomach with his head laid on crossed arms. His eyes were closed and the subtle drops of water fell from the ends of his hair. 

"Are you having fun Serena?" Ash opened his eyes and sat up, grabbing a towel to dry his hair and face.

"Yeah, I mean the sun is in my eyes and the sand is getting all over me despite sitting on my towel, but yeah, it's fun," she said, shrugging.

"Oh, by the way Sere - I forgot to ask if you were going to the Mimikyu festival coming up? Everyone dresses up in costumes and we all go around scaring people and we get a lot of treats!" Ash said, propping himself up on his elbows.