Chapter 1: Serena

"Wow! Sounds like fun. So there are no gym battles?" Serena asked, her eyes wide. The raven-haired boy on the video-phone nodded.

"Yeah, but they have this thing called Challenge Trials. I think they are similar to Pokemon battles," he said, scratching his cheek in thought. A yellow creature stuck it's head into view to see who was calling. "Pika pika!" The creature put it's nose up against the screen when it saw Serena. 

Serena giggled, and waved back. "Hi Pikachu!" As soon as she said that name, the pokeball in her pocket opened and her Sylveon appeared on her lap. "Sylveon! Sylvie!" it said, seeing it's yellow friend. "Alright Pikachu. That's enough! Get out of the way!" Ash lifted Pikachu from the screen and placed him on the floor. Pikachu gave him pleading eyes. Ash smiled. "I heard that the professor bought a bottle of ketchup... and I'm pretty sure he left it on the kitchen bench." Pikachu's eyes lit up at the word 'ketchup', and it ran off in search of it. 

Ash chuckled, turning back to the screen. "So anyways, when are you and your mom leaving?" Serena sighed and gestured to the baggage behind her. "Today. She's really excited. I am too. I can't wait - a new region!" Ash smiled. "Did she tell you what region it is?" He leant forward in anticipation. Serena sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. "She won't tell me. No matter how much I interrogate her! She says it's a surprise - a little family holiday." Serena pouted, and Sylveon leapt off her lap and headed out into the garden. 

Serena watched it go, then shook her head and smiled again. "Anyways, what pokemon have you caught yet? Anything new?" Ash's face lit up, and he took out a pokeball. "Yeah! This is my first Pokemon in the Alola region!" After a flash of blue light, Serena saw a cute owl-looking Pokemon in front of the screen. It had light brown feathers and green leaves that resembled somewhat of a bowtie. 

"Awwww! It's adorable!" Serena squealed in excitement. Ash pointed to his new Pokemon proudly. "Serena, I would like you to meet my brand new Pokemon - Rowlet!"

Rowlet blinked it's large eyes. "Rowlet! Let let!" it chirped. Serena laughed. "Nice to meet you Rowlet!" Ash held out it's pokeball. "Okay Rowlet - return!" He tucked the pokeball back into his pocket. 

"Ash! You need to get going, or you'll be late!" a voice called from his side. Ash groaned, and turned back to Serena. "Sorry Serena. I have to go now, otherwise I'll be late for school. Bye!"

"But wait! Ash!" she said, but the screen already turned black. Serena sighed, resting her head on the table. "Serena! Come up here right now!" Serena perked her head up at the mention of her name. She looked up to see her mother standing at the top of the stairs, her hands on her hips. Serena dragged her feet up the stairs, taking her time. Her mother shook her head, walking into Serena's bedroom. "You haven't finished packing yet! And our plane leaves at midday!" Grace placed a stack of folded shirts into the suitcase that sat next to the bed. 

Serena meanwhile opened her wardrobe and was searching through its contents for the perfect outfit. She turned around and sat on her bed with a pout. "Mom! I don't have anything to wear!" Her mother's face lit up. "That reminds me! I bought you something!" She went out of the room and returned with a small package in her hands. Serena opened her mouth to say something, when her mother cut her off. "And don't worry. I chose the outfit I didn't like. But it's something new, a bit different from what you usually wear. I'm packing it in your bag. You can try it on when we get there." Grace placed it on top and zipped the bag shut. 

Sylveon poked her head around the door. "Sylveon? Eon!" She ran and jumped onto Serena's lap, and wrapped her ribbon around Serena's arm. Serena lay back on her bed, and shut her eyes with a sigh. She felt a tingling feeling inside her, as she thought about the journey ahead. 

The start of a new adventure... I wonder what tomorrow has in store for me!

____________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

This is my first short Pokemon fanfic. It's basically about what happened to Serena once Ash left for Alola. This first chapter is from Serena's POV. Critiques welcome, and enjoy and pls leave a comment! If you liked it, don't forget to fav it!!!

Thx! xoxo Scarlet