Chapter 8: Ash

Hey guys sorry for the long wait!!! School has kept me really busy lately, and I've barely had time to write. But anyways, here is the next chapter - sorry again for the wait!!!

_______________________________

"... and as you can see, the shell of a Pokemon egg is defined by.."

Ash stifled a yawn. Only more ten minutes and school would be finished for the day. He looked to his left, and watched the honey-blonde haired girl as she twirled a strand of her short hair around her index finger.

Feeling his gaze on her, Serena tore her eyes away from the board, and grinned at Ash, her cheeks pink. Smiling, Ash opened his mouth to whisper something to her when he suddenly realised that the room had gone silent.

Internally groaning, Ash turned back around to face Professor Kukui, who was standing in front of him. Since Lillie wasn't here today, there were zero students paying attention - instead of the usual one student. This meant they had the Professor's undivided attention. It also meant that Ash couldn't get away with things he usually did in class. 

The professor raised an eyebrow at the raven-haired boy, and Ash gave him a cheeky grin in return. "Would you kindly turn around and face the front Ash. You shouldn't be distracting your classmates," Kukui said. Ash nodded solemnly, and waited for the professor to turn back around. Ash then immediately twisted around in his seat to face Serena. She was silently laughing, and for some reason made him feel butterflies in his stomach. He then heard the professor force a cough, and Ash turned around again.

"I'm warning you Ash. No more talking, or you'll be moving seats," the Professor said sternly, but his lips twitched with a ghost of a smile.

Ash nodded, and look back down at his workbook, and began to scribble something on his page. Professor Kukui smiled with satisfaction, and went back to teaching the lesson. 

After a minute or two, Ash quietly tore out the sheet of paper he was writing on from his book, and folded it into a small square. He then nudged Pikachu awake, and whispered something in it's ear.

Pikachu perked up immediately, and grabbed the note from it's trainer. It quietly tiptoed over to where Serena sat, and tapped the girl on the shoulder with its yellow paw. Serena looked surprised, but took the note from Pikachu.

Ash watched her read the note, and couldn't help but notice her cheeks went red. Her face always goes red these days... maybe it's a problem or something, Ash thought to himself. Serena looked up at him, and gave him a subtle 'thumbs up'. Ash turned back to his book, smiling to himself. He couldn't wait for school to end. 

***

Ash eyes lit up when he saw the malasada shop. He gave a quick glance to his surroundings before entering the shop.

The shop was pretty full - people and Pokemon sitting at almost every table. Ash looked at the line, and thankfully it would only be a short wait.

He stood in line behind a boy with green hair, who was goggling at the large range of malasadas. He wasn't the only one - even Ash and Pikachu couldn't stop their mouths watering at the sight of so many treats.

It wasn't long before the boy grabbed his order and was walking out the door. But he unexpectedly tripped - and the bag with the malasadas went flying. Ash's reflexes automatically kicked in, and he single handedly managed to catch the bag.

"You okay?" he asked the green-haired boy. The boy steadied himself and gave Ash a toothy grin. "Yup! Lucky catch though," he added, pointing to the bag in Ash's hand. The raven-haired boy handed him back the bag, and the boy waved goodbye as he exited the shop. Ash then walked back up to the counter to place his own order.